• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

Obama and the aliens...

Comment

The WTF? Thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-echochambers-25597324

A sceptical view of the "execution by dogs" story reported two posts up.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Competing with my earlier submission to this thread of Shalom Bombay, kosher Indian food in Manhattan, I'd like to add the place I found in a basement on 53rd today; Mariachi, halal Mexican food. I.... got nothing.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It would be fair to say the gentleman was very embarrassed

Comment

The WTF? Thread

"My advice would be for people not to climb into appliances". Thank you, First Constable Luke Ingram, for sharing this wisdom with the world.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Graham Linehan has just tweeted this: Cake time for Hitler

Comment

The WTF? Thread

'And all the people that he burned?' asked the interviewer?

'Yes, well, that was the sinister thing about him. Behind that as well Ė and I donít want to go into politics...
                Says the man with the Hitler cake.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Cormac McCarthy's ex wife arrested after arguing with her boyfriend about aliens. She changed into lingerie and pulled a gun out of her vagina before pointing it at him and asking "who's crazy, you or me?"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/vagina-as-holster-675432

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The loons will love this one: the woman who confirmed Obama's birth certificate was killed in small plane crash in Hawaii. Read that as "They killed the woman who knows the Truth about Obama."

http://us.cnn.com/2014/01/10/us/hawaii-crash-survivor/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Lisa Adams is a mother of three who has breast cancer. She's been tweeting and blogging about her experiences living with the disease, as others have done. For some reason, Bill Keller (ex-NY Times editor and current columnist) and Emma Keller (Guardian columnist) have felt the need to gang up on her by writing two concern-trolling columns within days of each other wondering if Adams is oversharing her experiences.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/177889/no-shame-bill-keller-bullies-cancer-victim#

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Is concern-trolling like what Sinead O'Connor does to Miley Cyrus (or vice versa, I can't keep up).

In other news,

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Fox looked OK on his recent appearances in Curb your enthusiasm, two decades after this diagnosis. It's good to know that they can help control its ravages for such a long period.

One of my best friends, in his mid 40s, was just diagnosed with Parkinson's, I feel a bit less devastated about this knowing that he could still be able to carry on for a relatively long time.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It must have been about castling.

Man kills another, trying to eat heart out of chest following disagreement over a chess move

Comment

The WTF? Thread

linus wrote: Fox looked OK on his recent appearances in Curb your enthusiasm, two decades after this diagnosis. It's good to know that they can help control its ravages for such a long period.

One of my best friends, in his mid 40s, was just diagnosed with Parkinson's, I feel a bit less devastated about this knowing that he could still be able to carry on for a relatively long time.
                              I watch the first (?) episode of his new show the other day and he seemed less affected by small twitches than he did large jerks every once in a while. If you didn't know him, I think you might see it as a quirky mannerism rather than an 'illness', per se.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Portions of that show are filmed on our block (not that this has caused me to watch it).

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I suspect you're not a heavy TV consumer, though.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Very much so.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-constantly-mentioning-he-doesnt-own-a-tel,429/

Comment

The WTF? Thread

That story highlighted by caja-dglh is something. I mean, that murder and cannibalism - it's not something you just do en passant is it?

Edit: in fact, given the perpetrator's birth place, the episode gives a whole new meaning to "The Sicilian Defence".

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Farmers Weekly is running a vote on Britain's sexiest farmer. This doesn't appear to be a joke.
                                          http://www.fwi.co.uk/rural-living/britains-sexiest-farmer/?cmpid=SOC

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The classic 'Japanese guy who wouldn't believe the war was over' has died at 91. Fascinating story.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/01/17/hiroo_onoda_japanese_soldier_who_refused_to_surren der_for_29_years_after_wwii_dies.html

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Nicolas Cage took shrooms with his cat.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Given that we're talking about Nicolas Cage, I'm not sure WTF is an appropriate reaction.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yeah, I was thinking "seems about right"..

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yeah, I suppose so, but it does add to the overall WTFness of Cage himself.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X