Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

Janik wrote: Bacon-flavoured cholcoate

I've got a bar, which came as a present from my sister. Review - odd. You get chocolate. Then you get a sort of meaty saltiness. One can see where the idea came from, chocolate with salt is a very successful combination, but its the meatiness which makes this not work. Not quite as bad as you might expect, but still not good.
    I don't know if that's the one that I had, but I've had one before, thought it was okay. The bacon in desserts/sweets thing is pretty played out by now, though.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Wal-Mart conducting food drive for its own employees.

It's a food drive - not for the community, but for needy workers.

"Please Donate Food Items Here, so Associates in Need Can Enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner," read signs affixed to the tablecloths.

The food drive tables are tucked away in an employees-only area.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Here's Bored posting articles about put-upon minorities again

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote: Wal-Mart conducting food drive for its own employees.

"Please Donate Food Items Here, so Associates in Need Can Enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner," read signs affixed to the tablecloths.

I missed this in my own posting of outrage. It's the failure of capitalism writ large.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Bored of Education wrote:
            Originally posted by ursus arctos
            Wal-Mart conducting food drive for its own employees.

I missed this in my own posting of outrage. It's the failure of capitalism writ large.
            Not a failure of capitalism at all. It's a failure of humanity and management.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

My understanding is that the food drive is being led by employees, not the company.

That headline is silly: "Is...proof of low wages?" The proof of low wages are the low wages. No further "proof" of that is necessary.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Sadly, the employees are in the best position to see the need; hence the food drive. At least Costco pays people a living wage.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

South London slavery.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

A high school (American) football team in Tennessee called the Dyersburg Trojans beat the Jackson Northside Indians last week. Here's a sign that their students made directed at their opponents:

The team's own Facebook account put that up.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I mean, apart form it being fuqing appalling, they at least had the common decency to be photographed holding the banner. The all-pervasive nature of the internet should make it impossible for them to slink off afterwards. The tautological addition of images of tears under the word "tears" should also exclude them from the fantastical careers in media they all have pencilled in for themselves.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

This is the second recent incident involving fans of a high school football team using "Trail of Tears" signs to taunt "Indian" opponents. That same Friday night, the principal of McAdory High School in McAlla, Alabama, was forced to apologize after his team took the field for their second-round playoff game against the Pinson Valley Indians by running through a paper sign reading "Hey Indians, get ready to leave in a trail of tears."

Comment

The WTF? Thread

On a lighter note, the celebration of a crime against taste, as opposed to a crime against humanity

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yes, I've seen that. The rise of sweet flavored vodkas (I've seen cheesecake flavored vodka) is pretty disturbing. It seems that they're trying to reach people who hate the taste of alcohol but still want to get buzzed.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Mrs WOM asked me to look around for some of the marshmallow flavoured stuff last year. I didn't look too hard.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Danish Royal Family's latest official portrait.

AKA The Omen part five.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=9338230

He said while he bought the lights, a local power company would donate the estimated 2,500 Australian dollars ($2,300) in electricity that would illuminate them for the next month.
                                  Do our Antipodean contributors have FOI legislation?

If so, can you ask how many disconnections said "local power company" have made in the last 12 months for amounts outstanding for less than AUS $2,500?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Luxury South African Game Reserve and Spa Includes "Shanty Town" Accomodations

Millions of people are living in informal settlements across South Africa. These settlements consist of thousands of houses also referred to as Shacks, Shantys or Makhukhus. A Shanty usually consists of old corrugated iron sheets or any other waterproof material which is constructed in such a way to form a small "house" or shelter where they make a normal living. A paraffin lamp, candles, a battery operated radio, an outside toilet (also referred to as a long drop) and a drum where they make fire for cooking is normally part of this lifestyle.

Now you can experience staying in a Shanty within the safe environment of a private game reserve. This is the only Shanty Town in the world equipped with under-floor heating and wireless internet access!

The Shanty Town is ideal for team building, braais, fancy theme parties and an experience of a lifetime. Accommodates up to 52 guests. Our Shantys are completely safe and child friendly.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Nigella on drugs...

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I have very little interest in cocaine but the idea of coke parties with Nigella Lawson makes it seem more interesting. Nothing here to disabuse of the notion that Saatchi is a particularly vile piece of work is there?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Red Square this week:

Comment

The WTF? Thread

'Police ... added that dressing up as a clown is not actually illegal.'

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The circle of ice.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Workers revolting in Candyland

"The candy maker, Mr Chen, for reasons which remained somewhat obscure, threw off his themed wig and overalls and announced in no uncertain terms that he was leaving", the court concluded.

Owner Michell Coker believed Mrs Jarvis had followed suit, abandoning her employment "after an explosive outburst".

Mrs Jarvis, however, said she kept working, helping clean up, trying to convince Mr Chen to finish the show, and changing out of her fairy outfit. She went home about 4pm because she was unwell.

"One particular concern was that Mrs Jarvis might have vomited into the melted chocolate during the candy making show," the decision said.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

What's that Red Square thing about, ursus?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It's not real, as it goes. LV did have a bloody big suitcase in Red Square, which is WTF enough, but it got removed after protests.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25127635

Oh hang on, no that IS real.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X