X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we had this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-64116668

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
      I have concerns about this. It seems to me that even if someone did have cancer I doubt that the surgery would inform the person by text, so I am inclined to think that it was a malicious act rather than an error.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

I have concerns about this. It seems to me that even if someone did have cancer I doubt that the surgery would inform the person by text, so I am inclined to think that it was a malicious act rather than an error.

It looks like the first message is one that would be sent to a doctor or the surgery from a testing facility rather than anything which would be sent directly to a patient.

Not that that would necessarily rule out malicious intent at some point.

Comment

I'm intrigued as to what you get if/when you order chipless chips:

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
            I'm intrigued as to what you get if/when you order chipless chips:

I'm more curious about what year that photo is taken in. Those prices are extremely low.

Comment

Just a little bowl of hot grease, perhaps.

Comment

https://twitter.com/hateshaliek/status/829097929080123392

Comment

Scarborough's new year fireworks cancelled by walrus
                  Last edited by longeared; 01-01-2023, 19:49. Reason: Link should work now

Comment

Was it Paul?

Comment

I can't make this link work

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...e-64139048.amp

A New Year's Eve fireworks display had to be cancelled at the last minute to protect an Arctic walrus discovered in Scarborough.

The event was called off over fears it "could cause distress to the mammal".

Council leader Steve Siddons said he was disappointed but "the welfare of the walrus has to take precedence".

The walrus, which drew huge crowds after arriving on Saturday, is now believed to have headed out into the North Sea

Comment

The walrus, which drew huge crowds after arriving on Saturday, is now believed to have headed out into the North Sea

It only came for the fireworks and left in the huff when there weren't any.

Comment

Presumably the same one that visited Kerry, and the Welsh subsequently claimed.

Comment

Didn't that one die?

Comment

No, still alive and last seen in Iceland, as far as can be traced.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

It only came for the fireworks and left in the huff when there weren't any.
                                  I had a genuine laugh-out-loud moment when the news reporter said that the locals referred to Thor (as he has been named) as a 'comfort' as he had only 'comfort day'.

Comment

Two British historians proclaim the BBC would never commission their podcast:

Except it transpires to be showcased on BBC Sounds:

https://twitter.com/DunsPitcus/status/1610077717134802944

Comment

Tom Holland is no more a historian than I'm a political scientist or a lawyer.

Comment

Public Image Ltd, ( yes the very same) are among the entrants to represent Ireland in this year's Eurovision song contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                          Tom Holland is no more a historian than I'm a political scientist or a lawyer.
                                          I'm filing Tom Holland and Tom Hollander under 'People I Thought Were the Same Person Until Very Recently.' If it hadn't been for the Thor films, Tom Hiddlestone would probably have been included. Plus, I have a nasty feeling my mental image of Dominic Sandbrook is actually Dominic West.

I'm turning into my mum and I'm not sure I should be allowed any more opinions on people until I've had a re-test.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post

I'm filing Tom Holland and Tom Hollander under 'People I Thought Were the Same Person Until Very Recently.'
                                            Tom Holland is the latest Spider-Man, if that helps.

Comment

He's better at being Spider-Man than running a unionist (including NI unionist!) think tank/floating discredited bs about Mecca being near ancient Syria/Palestine.

Comment

I haven't seen the film or heard the podcast. Feeling more inclined to see a Spiderman I hadn't imagined as the guy from In the Loop. Does make more sense as a casting decision.

Comment

Historian is up there with philosopher, theologian, and journalist among the most frequently claimed job title people frequently claim despite not having any credentials to do so or credibility among the people who have actually earned the right to call themselves that.

Comment

You do wonder how awful an area must be if its own residents liken it to a scorched hellscape:

https://twitter.com/notesfrompoland/status/1613158409993347073

Comment

Working...
                                                    X