No announcement yet.

The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that were the point, my headline would be "How Many Deaths Will It Take For People To Take This Seriously?"

Comment

Hang on... This can't be real can it?
      https://twitter.com/almostconverge/status/1441700171226783744?s=19

Just read the comments (recommended by the way. God as T Rex for example cracked me up) and it seems to be genuinely true
      Last edited by ad hoc; 26-09-2021, 06:52.

Comment

I'm quite sure it is true and that William Jefferson Clinton would approve of their ingenuity (if not being fond of the solution)

Comment

[https://twitter.com/gruber/status/1441457685644279819?s=21

Comment

Qué?

Comment

Ooo, my phone added the accent...

Comment

But not the upside down question mark

Comment

Ah, but that should've been at the front.

Comment

Is the EU really trying to insist ever device has the same charger? Is that really a priority?

Comment

It is wildly popular with consumers

Comment

Bear in mind that I believe every product that Fitbit has released over the last five years has a different charger. It is highly wasteful bullshittery.

Comment

People are evidently flocking to La Palma to enjoy a volcano which has wiped out homes, livelihoods. Beds which could be used for emergency services are occupied. And the airlines, with their prixe hikes, are making hay out of a real disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                            Is the EU really trying to insist ever device has the same charger? Is that really a priority?
                            Well it becoming a policy is a few years off, but it seems like a good idea. The fact that most devices these days use a single charger is a great advance on the past.

Is it a priority? Not really, but you have to make small changes as well as big

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              The fact that most devices these days use a single charger is a great advance on the past
                              I don't understand (I'm not technological!) They used to use a double charger?

Comment

No in the past every device had a different charger. Now, nearly all use the same type (meaning you only need one charger not an entire cupboard full)

Comment

Ah I see...Apple being a big exception?

Comment

Gonna buy some *checks notes* German world war 2 soldiers for the kids this Christmas.

Comment

And as I've just discovered, cobi toys are a Polish company.
                                      They say, time's a healer...

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                        Ah I see...Apple being a big exception?
                                        Yes, but even some of their devices apparently now use the USB C charger (though of course being Apple they've been the ones to loudly moan about this)

Comment

Hilariously, Apple are now shipping iphones without chargers to save the environment, but they've changed the charger end of the cable from USB to USB-C. So to use the cable, you're highly likely to require a new charger anyway. (Which they of course will sell you for £40 in it's own box and packaging etc.)
                                          When I pointed out to the person in the shop that I had lots of Apple chargers I was told "but they won't charge as fast." I can live with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Delicieux View Post
                                            Gonna buy some *checks notes* German world war 2 soldiers for the kids this Christmas.

I'm not sure I see what's so odd about this. My son has a Wehrmarcht tank, two Luftwaffe planes and a German ground crew in his Airfix collection.

He has British ones too, I should add - he's not Father Fitzpatrick. But you can't do WW2 with only one side.

Last edited by Kevin S; 27-09-2021, 09:49.

Comment

The manufacturers seem to make it pretty clear from the face designs of the toy soldiers who the baddies were.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                Hang on... This can't be real can it?
                                                https://twitter.com/almostconverge/status/1441700171226783744?s=19

Just read the comments (recommended by the way. God as T Rex for example cracked me up) and it seems to be genuinely true
                                                Religious "purity culture" in the USA is beyond weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                                                  The manufacturers seem to make it pretty clear from the face designs of the toy soldiers who the baddies were.
                                                  Not enough skulls...

Actually this reminds me, the Airfix planes come with transfers, but while the German ones include the Balkenkreuz for the wings and fuselage, they omit the swastikas for the tail. I wonder how many emails and meetings it took to make that decision.

Comment

Just the one telling them that it couldn't be sold in Germany with it, I imagine

Comment

Working...
                                                    X