No announcement yet.

The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to die in utterly stupid, but frankly, decent and honourable ways.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-48170273

Comment

Did we miss this?

were the Philippines really about to declare war on Canada over domestic refuse being mislabelled as plastic recycling?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gar...illa-1.5120279

Comment

That was an embarrassment. We've had 'lots of really smart people' working 'hard' for a 'very long time' to get a few dozen shipping containers returned from the Philippines? Really? The best minds of our generation couldn't crack this? Should have put one of the dollar-store franchises on the case. They can get 100,000 shipping containers of garbage to Canada from Asia in about 6 weeks.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1126477621972361216

Comment

A 69 year old great grandmother?????

Comment

4 times 17 is only 68.

The family is clearly slacking off.

Comment

It's not even that is it? Mother at 23, grandmother at 46, great-grandmother at 69 would do it.

Comment

I'm struggling enough with "Yorkie" here before we get on to the rest of it.

https://twitter.com/norock/status/1126768189717663745

Comment

Haha, that's on the Toby Carvery menu. I saw that last week.

Meanwhile, excitement in Newport, Gwent

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                      I'm struggling enough with "Yorkie" here before we get on to the rest of it.
                      Quite. Normally I despise large companies who claim ownership of words and bully other businesses (usually innocent small businesses) by means of legal threats if they dare to use the same words (usually with no serious possibility of any meaningful confusion or goodwill-stealing). But on this one occasion only, I think Nestle ought to sue them for trademark infringement. Not because there's any risk of confusion with the chocolate bar, but just because that abbreviation for Yorkshire pudding is so twattish it deserves to be heavily penalised. Alternatively, the nachos-in-Yorkshire-pud vendors ought to have to market it as "Yorkie - a real dog of a dish".

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post

Quite. Normally I despise large companies who claim ownership of words and bully other businesses (usually innocent small businesses) by means of legal threats if they dare to use the same words (usually with no serious possibility of any meaningful confusion or goodwill-stealing). But on this one occasion only, I think Nestle ought to sue them for trademark infringement. Not because there's any risk of confusion with the chocolate bar, but just because that abbreviation for Yorkshire pudding is so twattish it deserves to be heavily penalised. Alternatively, the nachos-in-Yorkshire-pud vendors ought to have to market it as "Yorkie - a real dog of a dish".
                        Is this Yorkie for girls?

Comment

Test Match Special is trying to be all modern and sweary on the internet. [URL]https://twitter.com/jonathanliew/status/1127180892420673536[/URL]

Comment

Did you read the article that prompted Aggers' outburst?
                            It's very good.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1128271784741150720?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Will the contents of no 2 AMAZE ME?

Fuck clickbait headlines.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/swin24/status/1128314241843388416?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Wow! Just wow!

Comment

I decided to check out a half-remembered story from a long while ago about Edward Heath's travels as a young man. Wiki confirmed it and adds a few more details:

As an undergraduate, Heath travelled widely in Europe. His opposition to appeasement was nourished by his witnessing first-hand a Nuremberg Rally in 1937, where he met leading Nazis Hermann Göring, Joseph Goebbels and Heinrich Himmler at an SS cocktail party. He later described Himmler as "the most evil man I have ever met". He was in Germany for two months to learn German, but did not keep up any fluency in the language in later life. In 1938 he visited Barcelona, then under attack from Spanish Nationalist forces during the Spanish Civil War. On one occasion a car in which he was travelling came under machine-gun fire, whilst on another a bomb hit his hotel whilst he was observing an air raid from outside. In the summer of 1939, accompanied by his Jewish friend Madron Seligman, he travelled to Danzig and Poland. They made the return journey by hitchhiking and rail across Germany through mobilising troops, returning to Britain just before the declaration of war.

Comment

Is this the same Gibson who had choice words for Jewish people back in the day?

I wonder if it will have them scuttling around before morphing into rats and cockroaches as that seems to be his ideology.

Comment

A good time to note that Mel Gibson is such a fucking loon that screenwriter Joe Eszterhas wrote a Kindle book about the surreal and frightening experience of working with him, called Heaven and Mel.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                            A good time to note that Mel Gibson is such a fucking loon that screenwriter Joe Eszterhas wrote a Kindle book about the surreal and frightening experience of working with him, called Heaven and Mel.
                                            How is this dude still a thing in Hollywood after his racist outbursts in the past. Has he got Peado videos on all the Hollywood execs?

Comment

His films still make money.

Comment

Transcript of that time some US Navy pilots used a fighter jet to draw a giant penis in the sky.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...nto-sky-penis/

Comment

At last! Someone really did think of the children...

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

How is this dude still a thing in Hollywood after his racist outbursts in the past. Has he got Peado videos on all the Hollywood execs?
                                                    He is Bill Cosby level rich. (if that most precise of measures-online net worth estimates can be trusted, after what we learned about donald trump) He can pay for it himself. He Paid $30 million to make passion of the Christ out of his own pocket. It took $600 million at the box office.
                                                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 17-05-2019, 19:48.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X