The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

I don't eat jam, as a rule. In fact, most sweet things are well out of bounds for me. I quite like marmalade, but the bitter stuff. As for sweet..... I like the really high cocoa content chocolate?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

We do jams as proper preserves, with the pectin and boiled jars and sealed canning lids and whatnot. They'll last practically forever if done right.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

You sweet people are weird.

Says the bloke who's just eaten a load of rancid milk with mould in it.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Job interview in the morning?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/16/pcp-psychedelic-fish-hamilton-morris-the-stories-behind-the-worlds-strangest-drugs-viceland

"In A Positive PCP Story, which kicks off the series, we meet Christ Bearer, the Wu Tang Clan affiliate who chopped off his own penis while high on the drug and – remarkably – doesn’t seem to regret the experience."

That's a positive PCP experience. Fucking hell.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

A friend has just moved to Fort Myers, Florida. Which contains a KFC all you can eat buffet.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I was reminded of one of my favourite Wiki pages earlier. Not everything on here is strictly WTF?, but a fair few of them are.

List of unusual deaths

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Sam wrote: I was reminded of one of my favourite Wiki pages earlier. Not everything on here is strictly WTF?, but a fair few of them are.

List of unusual deaths
                  Just reading about "scaphism." What an unspeakably cruel species we can often be.

Saw this today. Highly impressed by the phlegmatic response of the victim.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Sam wrote: I was reminded of one of my favourite Wiki pages earlier. Not everything on here is strictly WTF?, but a fair few of them are.

List of unusual deaths
                    Mind you, talking about phlegmatic:

258 AD: The deacon Saint Lawrence was roasted alive on a giant grill during the persecution of Valerian. Prudentius tells that he joked with his tormentors, "Turn me over—I'm done on this side". He is now the patron saint of cooks, comedians, and firefighters.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Nocturnal Submission wrote: Saw this today. Highly impressed by the phlegmatic response of the victim.
                      He could still see out of that eye!!!? Surreal.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Good grief, that is textbook phlegmatic.
                        Edit: I meant St Lawrence here, but having just seen the intervening post it clearly equally applies there too. Bloody hell.

I just love the collection of saintly patronages that St Lawrence has been awarded as a result of his unusual martyrdom, presumably by some wag in the Vatican who's in charge of doling them out (I have no idea how these things work) and occasionally decides to exercise some really black humour.

This reminds me of another such example I ran across a couple of years ago, while updating the guide booklet for the church in my grandad's village. St Bartholomew, who in art/stained glass etc. is depicted holding his symbol of a flaying-knife, representing how he was martyred by being flayed alive, i.e. having his skin removed. He's the patron saint of tanners and leather-workers.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Oops, double post.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Nocturnal Submission wrote: List of unusual deaths
                            [/quote]
                            1971: Georgy Dobrovolsky, Vladislav Volkov and Viktor Patsayev, Soviet cosmonauts, died when their Soyuz-11 spacecraft depressurized during preparations for re-entry. These are the only known human deaths outside the Earth's atmosphere

....because there could be scads more that haven't been reported.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Fuck. Me. Just read the job description.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Stephen Hendry's estranged wife cleared of sheep worrying

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Geoffrey de Ste. Croix wrote: Fuck. Me. Just read the job description.
                                  I think this guy is at a loose end.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I am so glad that there is a country on this planet where that is the actual name of a crime.

An independent Scotland would definitely be on the increasingly shortening list of countries where I could see myself living.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It might well be an actual name of a crime, but I've always thought the act of 'sheep worrying' was done by dogs. To hear that the soon-to-be-ex-Mrs Hendry is going around biting sheep herself is a little, erm, worrying.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I was more interested in how far the definition of "worrying" is able to go. If you walk by a nice grassy meadow with an umbrella, and the sheep gets worried that it might start raining any minute now, are you then breaking the law?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The S*n takes a lump hammer to the irony meter.

I hope everyone connected with that rag falls down Escher's staircase.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Chinese billionaire abducted.

By police.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Alt-right/Nazi furries.

Ban the internet.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yeah, we've all been there
                                                http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Naked-man-drives-stolen-cab-through-Rittenhouse-Square.html?mobi=true

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Adam Lallana as a llama. American footy fans are crazy.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

That is quite a meaty thigh.

I would venture that the tattoo might look a tiny bit differently, if a few pounds were shed.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X