• Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

Oh, I've just seen the doggy dildo one.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

What nonsense is this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37092366

How can a single word have "blanket protection" for all uses in trademark issues?

(Weren't Micros*ft shown the door when they tried to get protection for the word "bookcase" some years ago?)

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Technically it's two words

Comment

The WTF? Thread

What....should've or bookcase?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

should've

Comment

The WTF? Thread

bookcase is one (as is probably)

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I didn't realize that contractions were considered two words. I don't know why they would be, or where it would count or even matter, but there you have it.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Hollywood stars support PREVENT... according to Northants police and their creative use of Photoshop.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I'm just amazed that nobody used the phrase 'my good man' or slapped someone with a leather glove.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Apparently the Canadian intolerance-wave is spreading.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/08/16/brockville-women-fling-dog-poop-at-each-other-in-neighbourhood-dispute.html

Police say they gave the women advice on how to get along in future and suggested they stay away from each other.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It's as if they're some kind of attention seekers.

This would be good for one of Reed's Onion articles: "Couple that dresses in Victorian costumes and rides penny-farthings wonders what everyone's staring at."

Comment

The WTF? Thread

If you had a conversation with them and didn't ask about their clothes they would probably go crazy.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Apparently this is not a spoof and Heather Wheeler really is a Member of Parliament.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

1,500-strong American flotilla invades Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/floatdown-sarnia-americans-wash-ashore-1.3730792

Comment

The WTF? Thread

What nonsense is this?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37092366

How can a single word have "blanket protection" for all uses in trademark issues?

(Weren't Micros*ft shown the door when they tried to get protection for the word "bookcase" some years ago?)
                                "Nonsense" is one word for it. I'd have probably gone with something a bit less pre-watershed. I get very cross about that sort of thing. It's the privatisation of our very language. I despise Specsavers, all other businesses which pull the same kind of crap, and all IP lawyers, legislators, policy makers and other lackeys who support their nauseating grabs of public property to the prejudice of all competing and potentially competing businesses. Shame on them all.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

WOM wrote: 1,500-strong American flotilla invades Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/floatdown-sarnia-americans-wash-ashore-1.3730792
                                  Why were these illegal immigrants not put in jail?

*OOps. Just got the irony of me suggesting this.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

WOM wrote: 1,500-strong American flotilla invades Canada.

Canada is the best. People trespass. You just go: "Oh well, look at the currents. They probably didn't mean that. Let's fish them out of the water, don't be a dick about documentation, and bring them safely back from where they came. Are you cold? Here, have the shirt that I happen to be wearing."

It's high time that I pay another visit.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Death by bagpipes.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ramen is the new currency in US prisons.

And the US department of corrections spends $50 billion a year.

Wonder what you could do with all that money if you weren't incarcerating 1% of your population.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/08/24/american-prisons-have-a-new-black-market-currency-ramen-theyll-kill-for-it.html

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I sincerely hope the Oradour-sur-Glane follow up experience goes disastrously wrong with live ammunition being used.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I wanted to go there on our honeymoon and got told that it wasn't really a honeymoon sort of sidetrip.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Someone has gone crazy in Toronto with a crossbow.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

State-sanctioned murder.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yup. And based on the names of the registered owners of the home, I very likely know them.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yup...it's our old cross-the-road neighbours. Police have just confirmed the identity of the shooter. It's one of their sons. The same son who was arrested as the Fake Beard Bandit 8 years ago. He was 27 then, 35 now. I just hope his mother wasn't one of the victims.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X