The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

The entire Washington DC Metro system is going to be shut down for 29 hours starting tomorrow for an "emergency investigation of equipment" following a cable fire that resulted in serious delays this morning.

This evening's rush hour is going to be interesting.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I'm not sure if this should be in the Well Regulated Militia thread but:

Someone in Florida (where else!) has created the Champagne Machine Gun.

Of course, it only shoots magnums!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

delicatemoth wrote: Croydon coppers channel the Taliban

I know the Taliban do hate all music, rather than one specifically black form of music, but “this borough finds unacceptable forms of music" should chill anyone, really.
        Not least a south London club being told not to play Jamaican music. Bloody hell.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Here's your 17th Century woodcut of the day. Satan shits out a Puritan:

Comment

The WTF? Thread

"the Amsterdammian definition of a Familist"!? What is that all about?

edit: great addition to this thread, obviously.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ace.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Montpellier woman orders video game, order is successfully sent using Marshal Petain Vichy stamps.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

As the quote at the end suggests, I'd have thought they'd be worth more as collectors' items than as postage.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Odd man fights ISIS in the train yards of Gourock

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Montpellier woman orders video game, order is successfully sent using Marshal Petain Vichy stamps.
                      That reminds me of a schoolfriend of mine who wrote to me in my gap year in Berlin, and enclosed a "stamped addressed envelope" for my reply. You can guess the vintage of the stamp he'd used on that.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The stamps themselves are very common and likely worth less than an euro, but a postal history collector would be quite interested in the whole cover with the 2016 postmark.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Tay, a Microsoft AI creation meant to emulate a teen, goes on twitter and in 24 hours becomes a sex crazed Nazi lover. She is now 'asleep' and the twitter history has magically been erased.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Calvert wrote: They don't have the expense of having to pay a pilot either.
                            I worked one of their gigs in '95 and there were less than a thousand people at it.
                            They were shite.

If not the jet then at least their fortune would appear to have taken a turn for the better since.
                            I saw them a couple of years back at the O2 when they resurrected the set list plus a few newer favourites from the Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour and they were brilliant. And I saw them on the extra night that was added due to demand for the planned dates. They also sold a shitload of t-shirts (not to me, I wore the one they sold me when I saw them At Alexandra Palace on the Brave New World tour, supported by Slayer).

Comment

The WTF? Thread

caja-dglh wrote: Tay, a Microsoft AI creation meant to emulate a teen, goes on twitter and in 24 hours becomes a sex crazed Nazi lover. She is now 'asleep' and the twitter history has magically been erased.
                              They marketed her as 'The AI with zero chill'

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I have to say that the story of Tay, and her spiral out of control has to be one of the funniest things i've read in ages.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

This is just horrific.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35914555

Man in Taiwan grabs four-year old girl off bike and decapitates her.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Good god.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

In less horrific news...

This is apparently at a construction site in a gentrifying neighborhood in LA.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

They are going to be fun neighbours

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Aberdeen man poses with the Egypt Air hijacker

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I have been successful in not only obtaining an acceptable quite for some electric work on the house, but gave also booked the electrician in for next week.

I know this sounds like it should be on the Mundane thread, but this is so out of character for me to manage such a straightforward task as this within a few days of bring asked to organise it by my wife that it belongs here.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

From @TravelGov, the US State Department's travel office Twitter feed:

Not a “10” in the US? Then not a 10 overseas. Beware of being lured into buying expensive drinks or worse—being robbed. #springbreakingbadly
                                              Ugly ladies, it's your fault if something bad happens when travelling abroad!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Hey, that stuff happens to guys as well. If anything more frequently. It's a Twitter-friendly way of saying 'be careful about inviting complete strangers back to your holiday flat,' basically.

The slogan itself isn't really true, though. Someone of either gender who's an average-looking person back in their home country instantly becomes stunningly beautiful when they come to Latin America if they happen to have blond hair, for example.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Has April Fool's Day come a day early?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Egad!

This is a bit worrying for the woman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-35934270

A woman has broken her pelvis and her legs in a 25ft (7.6m) fall down a lift shaft in a Starbucks coffee shop.
                                                    25'?

That's quite fortunate it wasn't worse.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X