The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

The "son" who moved her to North Carolina.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Whilst the others scattered to the winds. But he seems to have done alright by her for 13 years and then...I dunno...she got really old, and whoever wrote that blames him for her premature death at 93? It's fucked up.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Mao you see me, Mao you don't.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Going to be a bitch to recycle, that.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

This isn't WTF at all, it's just incredibly cute, but this is the closest we have to a 'general laughs and fun' thread, so...

Sophie's Princess Chewbacca birthday cake.

That obituary is really something.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It appears to have been taken down.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Stay classy, Denmark

I mean, that doesn't have any specific historical resonance or anything. Maybe they should wear some kind of identifying symbol too. Fucking people.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Highway Robbery

Russia has detained a senior prison service official on suspicion of stealing a 30-mile (50km) stretch of public road, investigators said.

Alexander Protopopov oversaw the dismantling of a concrete highway and sold off the slabs while prison service chief in the far-northern Komi region, the Investigative Committee said in a statement.

The road, which was made up of more than 7,000 reinforced concrete slabs, was “dismantled and driven away” over more than a year, between 2014 and 2015.

The slabs were subsequently used by a company that sold them on for a profit, investigators said

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Spelling mistake results in 10 year old muslim being questioned by police

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Good enough to get its own thread...

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Argh, dammit.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

If the Saudi royal family give you £500 million, there is clearly no corruption going on

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I read that this morning. Truly WTF.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Bear in mind this is all in the context of a huge scandal around 1MDB, the Malaysian second sovereign wealth fund (effectively), run by Najib. The reason this was being investigated was because Najib was accused of embezzling the money from 1MDB, which seems to have a pretty large hole in its books (though its latest accounts haven't been filed.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

That's appalling. I'm going to use a different site from now on for looking up info about actors and films.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

You have all sorts with a job as a teacher from using lego to teach fractions, discussing the Qu'ran with kids, marking books, teaching kids rugby and, it seems, being sworn at and threatened by parents. Give me a slide rule and a sharp pencil and I will show you how I blame Thatcher for this.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Party Rats are the fun way to have fun!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Lord Lucan killed himself almost immediately and was fed to a tiger by George Osbourne's uncle.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The Donald and his 15 year old daughter Ivanka, in 1996.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

"I've said that if Ivanka weren't my daughter, I'd perhaps be dating her."

Comment

The WTF? Thread

In an eerily remarkable 'caught this act before', top chef Benoit Violier has taken his own life.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/02/01/acclaimed-chef-benoit-violier-found-dead-in-apparent-suicide.html

Absurdly similar was the earlier tale of Bernard Loiseau, which was the central story of The Perfectionist: Life and Death in Haute Cuisine, which I strongly recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Perfectionist-Death-Haute-Cuisine/dp/B000MGAHXM

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I was particularly struck by this because his restaurant had been recommended to us during our recent visit to Lausanne (we didn't go).

It seems to me that the stress on these guys just gets worse every year.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Indeed. The gain or loss of one star can literally be a life or death thing. I can't imagine that kind of pressure.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X