User stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User stats

So this page lists number of posts and profile views. Ursus has obviously taken advantage of the reset post counts to be OTF's most prolific poster.

But what has me scratching my head is the profile views count. 127 views for Phoebe Disco's profile? I'm not putting PD down, but that's way more than the person with the second most views, TtS with 73.

User stats

Don't tell anyone, but he and Jason spent yesterday refreshing their own pages...

Comment

User stats

I am innocent. Jason on the other hand came and told us on 40%.

Comment

User stats

It does confirm at least that OTF are a bunch of grumpy bastards.

Comment

User stats

Not there's anything wrong with this, of course.

Comment

User stats

I guess that everybody rushed to check if Mr Disco had really flounced.

Comment

User stats

I`m enjoying the stats function on here. And not just because it shows that one of my threads is - for the moment - top dog.

I like the "posts" and "page views" next to each other. You can see which threads attract interest ("hmm, wonder what's going on over there") as well as actual heat ("must post my feelings about the Catholoc church again")

Threads with high views-to-posts ratios (like this one, where the ratio right now is about 20-1) probably cover intrinsically interesting topics, but none of the posts have yet pissed enough people off to get a good flood going.

Threads with low view-to-posts ratios (like the MLS thread, currently running at about 6-to-1) are clearly of great interest to the ten or so people who regularly post there but of little or no interest to the rest of the Board.

Comment

User stats

I'm not sure I will find the courage to sumbit a new topic with that kind of stats available.

Comment

User stats

How dare you!

(One may have set up their bookmark to open the board directly into one's profile).

Comment

User stats

Total Messages: 1879 Total Subjects: 144 Total Sections: 4 Total Categories: 28
                    Today Open: 11 Yesterday Open: 68 Today Total Answer: 265 Yesterday Total Answer: 833

Anyone got the faintest idea what this is all about? Or am I just being really thick?

Comment

User stats

I think it is just weird terminology.

Total messages = total posts since board opened (yours is actually the 1961st)
                      Total subjects = total theads
                      Total sections = no clue, thought maybe number of fora, but it is a couple short
                      Total categories = also opaque
                      Today/Yesterday open = new threads today/yesterday
                      Today/Yesterday total answer = number of posts for day in question (perhaps excluding the first post on a thread).

In general, Fireboard seems to "think" of posts and threads in a somewhat different way than we do (thus ticks like listing the name of the thread one is replying to in each post of the thread itself).

Comment

User stats

Thanks ursus. I also like seeing the post counts, as Inca mentioned above. You are the daddy of this, natch. You've probably reached 100 posts as I type this.

Shame though we have no directory of members. And I also would like timed posts rather than the 'ago' thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X