Things we find irritating in the outside world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because it's cathartic to write them down.

OK, right, so, you're a person and you go for a swim. So far so nomal. You walk into the changing room and you see row after row after row of lockers. Probably 6 or 700 of them. Of which maybe...14 to 20 are in use. There are *entire blocks* of empty lockers. So where do you choose to store your stuff? One of the 650 nice empty lockers each surrounded by 50 more empty ones? Or one of the 15 or so that is RIGHT NEXT TO one that is in use BY ME.

WHY OH WHY would you DO that? The number of times it happens, it has to be some kind of weird psychological pack mentality sheep thing rather than a statistical anomaly. Every single time, I come back to my locker, no clothes on, trying to cope with dripping wet hair and not losing my key or my shampoo bottle - and find that there's some bastard fuckwit putting her stuff away, making me have to push past her, flapping the door of the next door locker open, shut, open, shut, making it impossible for me to get my own stuff out, and going oops oh, sorry, did I just bang the door in your face? YES YOU DID. but I don't even care about that! I just want to know WHY.

It could be your animal magnetism, lyra

Comment

Gym. Don't do it.

Comment

Lyra, it's a shame the Old OTF board isn't available at the moment for reading, we once had a beautiful thread called Get it off your chest, followed by Get it off your chest II.

Comment

Helping your son with homework and not being able to get on internet and having to use something called "books"

Comment

What is it with people who are just too busy, or too ignorant to bother with such a tiresome thing as having to flush the toilet, or wipe their stinking piss off the toilet seat?

Do they still expect their Mums to do it for them?

This, to me, is the ultimate expression of cuntery. The ultimate disrespect to your fellow human beings. Everybody knows how crap it is to have to use a disgusting toilet, or do they?

Is there anyone on here who dares to admit to not bothering to cleaning up after themselves?

What I can't understand is how people can fuck up so basic a function so badly in the the first place. Some of the scenes you discover defy belief.

Anyway, I've had enough. Why should these bastards think that we are going to stay silent about this any longer. I shall henceforth be adopting a stance of Shout and Shame.

Comment

Hahahahahaha. Genius.

Comment

I wish I'd used "ultimate expression of cuntery" in my first post on here.

Comment

Forget the toilet thing, it's people who put dirty teaspoons on the draining board that really get my goat.

Comment

There are only two people that make tea in my house.

Mind you, we have a compost bin by the door. Is that so far?

People who spoon coffee into their cup and then put sugar in, leaving coffee granules in the sugar to fuck up a tea-drinker's day

People who don't stand their round. Seriously, is anyone going to admit that they are a tightwad who doesn't stand their round in a pub. Of course, I am the idiot who thinks "I'll show them, I will buy an extra round and shame them as they haven't stood their round" and I end up just buying an extra round.

Either that or I sit there with an empty pint glass until the landlord says "Any last orders?",look expectantly at the the next roundee/er only for them to say "No thanks, we are off now"

No, we aren't, you fucker, there is still another round to be drunk, you fucker.

Don't get me started on cunts who park on the pvement, use mobile phones while driving and/or speed in built-up areas

Comment

My missus leaves teabags in the sink. It's grounds for divorce, but I love her in so many other ways that I can look past it.

Coffe drinkers who don't understand that stirring tea after stirring coffee with the same spoon without cleaning it leaves tea with a mild coffee taste, should be shot.

Comment

Tea tastes like stewed up compost. People who drink it are in no position to comment on matters of taste.

Comment

Chubby - that is so wrong, it's as if it was Hobbes speaking!

Comment

See, I'd like to be able to drink coffee, but I just can't.

Comment

It's grounds for divorce...
                              No, that would have to be coffee. Ah ha ha ha.

Comment

I think you've had a bit too much.

Comment

Crap white van drivers, and motorists who waste time at traffic lights by taking their time when accelerating at the Green.

(which is almost at amber by the time they get their arse in gear)

Comment

It could be your animal magnetism, lyra
                                    Yeah. That must be why people often feel they have to sit next to me on the bus when there's 8 empty rows available.

"You were the chubby brunette on the N171 last friday. I was the guy who sat next to you - I had a nervous twitch and was wearing odd shoes. I kept staring at you with one bloodshot eye but was too shy to ask for your number - all I could do was mutter to myself. Drink?"

Comment

People who stand at the front of queues in shops and buy one item. Then, just as you think they've finished, they go 'and...'. And then another. And then another, so you're standing there like a prune while this cunt is continuously going 'and I'll have that..'

They could simply give a small verbal list of what they need, but no. They'll just stand there for how long they like and go 'and I'll haaave....'

I do have a solution to this problem, but it would involve a cricket bat and a court appearance.

Comment

They're like the people that step off a tube escalator or a bus or a train and then stop stock still. Wheeling out and shooting is far far too good for these people.

Comment

Agreed! Agreed, ten-fold! It's like going onto the tram before the doors shut and finding the cunt in front of you is strolling idly on, ignorant of the fact that there's someone behind him who'd like to get on before the doors close on him!

Bastard sheep-brained cunts!

Comment

That's why god gave us elbows: the joints that turn arms into escalator nunchuks.

Comment

Yes! Them too! They shove to the front of the bus queue, elbows out, brollies aimed - but as soon as THEY'RE on board well, fuck everyone else, they're just going to remember now that they need their oyster card which is at the bottom of their bag.

Which reminds me of people in the supermarket. They stand there like plums, idly staring into space, wait till all their stuff has been packed up by the assistant; then they hear the price and only then do they roll their eyes and begin to think about where they put their purse.

I KNOW patience is a virtue but today I have the world's most vicious hangover and I'm a bit upset as well and so tolerance levels for gormless twattery are at a bit of a low I'm afraid.

Comment

Tea tastes like stewed up compost. People who drink it are in no position to comment on matters of taste.
                                                You sir, can fuck right off

Comment

OK, right, so, you're a person and you go for a swim. So far so nomal. You walk into the changing room and you see row after row after row of lockers. Probably 6 or 700 of them. Of which maybe...14 to 20 are in use. There are *entire blocks* of empty lockers. So where do you choose to store your stuff? One of the 650 nice empty lockers each surrounded by 50 more empty ones? Or one of the 15 or so that is RIGHT NEXT TO one that is in use BY ME.
                                                  See also parking cars for this phenomenon - empty spaces all over, and the three cars park next to each other! Also lazy bastards who can't be bothered to drive up to the half empty top floor because their fat arses might wobble too much if they have to use a lift, or god forbid, the stairs, so they just park in the middle of the "road" in the car park and block everyone else whilst they stare through their piggy eyes to see if anyone's leaving on this floor. And then wait a bit more, are they going? No, what about..? Or him? Or..? MOVE YOUR FUCKING CAR, YOU BASTARDS!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X