Things we find irritating in the outside world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telling people to fuck off and leave you alone isn't always unprofessional.

Comment

Gerontofiel, if you have Virgin, I can advise you that the music channels synchronise their adverts slightly differently from the rest of the commercial channels, so you can sometimes get a nice song to help you through an ad break.

Of course you're more likely to get Rock of Love, The Hills, or Punk'd. But them's the breaks.

Comment

I get that too, Lyra, and the metaphorical 15-year-olds are all five or six grades above me and get paid 10 grand a year more than me. According to their job descriptions, they're supposed to be correcting me, but they wouldn't know a coherent sentence if it hoofed them in the genitals.

Still, like you, I've handed my notice in, so just two more weeks of this shit to go.

Comment

Argh

People who say How quickly can you do this? and then say Well that's no good I need it before then. WELL FUCKING JUST SAY THAT THEN YOU PASSIVE AGRESSIVE SHITBAG

Comment

Aren't you leaving in, like a week or so? Just tell them to fuck off.

Comment

Tomorrow's my last day. She's going 'can I have the blu-ray by tomorrow' I'm going 'it's not even translated yet because YOU sent me the tapes FIVE days late' but I can see this repeating itself all day tomorrow. If I tell her to fuck off then my poor colleagues will have to pick up the pieces and that's not fair really.

Comment

Well then you should stay there all night working for nothing, that would be fair to you, and your colleagues are your responsibility, not their own or their employers'.

Comment

I've told her Monday is the best that can be done and she will lump it. I am going out "binge-drinking" as TG would have it in 20 mins time also

Comment

Good for you.

Plus, if you lay down enough of a hangover for tomorrow, you won't be so worried about it on Saturday, and you'll come to the game.

Comment

Hehe. It's the hen night of Saturday's bride tonight. But somehow I've got to pack up my whole life this week. It's a bit weird. It's like, I'm on my own now. And so I do kind of really need to distract myself by not being at home. But I also have to pack up my life and see Hobbes as much as I can.

But what I have said to myself is that I am going to the game; that makes it psychologically that I think of it as decided, so that is good.

Comment

Come to the game, or RISK MY IRE.

Comment

Working...
                        X