Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men only (sexism allowed: see government legislati

Right, I have often wondered:

when you pee in a sitdown, do you flush the toilet before you finish peeing?

(I did a survey once c1990)

Are you addressing this to those weirdos who choose to sit down, or do you mean when you piss standing up in a sit-down toilet?

Comment

I remember, on my 30th birthday, a good friend of mine jokingly gave me a leaflet he'd found at his GP's surgery. It outlined how to address the problem, faced by men of advancing years, of stray drips finding their way from the urethra after urination, when the male member had been tucked back into the underpants.

It said that the best technique was to gently run the forefinger or middle finger from the base of the urethra, underneath the scrotum, along its length, until the reisdual water was squeezed out of the [Fuck. My mind's gone blank. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the opening at the end of the penis, and I'm absolutely not going to Google it at work]. It said that the process should be repeated until all the water was expelled. It also said that the process was relatively discreet and could be accomplished without attracting attention at a public urinal (on oneself, I hasten to add).

Me and my mate had a good laugh at this leaflet, remarking how sad it was that old men couldn't have a wee without worrying about piss stains on their trousers.

Nearly ten years on, I could do with digging out that leaflet.

Comment

(thanks for that King)

I digress:

No, I mean, when any man comes into contact with a flush toilet.

*and oy, cowbag... weirdos? if you scan the OTF gold, you will find that I face the tank.

Comment

If I use a public toilet or one in someone else's house it'll be because I'd be absolutely bursting, in which case I unload before even contemplating anything else.

Comment

I will respond by saying "When you're peeing all over your shoe, I'm learning something!"

But early flushing? No. What's to be gained?

And as I've said before, with two kids under the age of five, I'm not above faking a poop just to sit and have five minutes' undisturbed reading.

Comment

No, early flushing is, well, it's just weird. Like sitting down to piss.

Comment

ah, the 'sitting down to piss' thing comes with age, but thats not what I asked... do NONE of you, as you are standing at home, actually flush the bog before you finish?

Comment

Apparently not. Your use of 'actually' makes me think you find this surprising.

Comment

Here's one for you: when you're alone at home and you belch or fart, do you instinctively say 'pardon me' or just go about your business?

Comment

I can't imagine anyone does, no ger. Why would they?

Mind you, blokes are weird. Most seem to be unable to put themselves away properly before leaving the gents.

WOM - no, I don't.

Comment

Here's one for you: when you're alone at home and you belch or fart, do you instinctively say 'pardon me' or just go about your business?
                        I invariably clench my fist and shake it while screaming "YEAH!" then punch the air.

Comment

I used to pull the flush before I was quite finished when I was a kid, because I tended to turn everything into a competition. In this case I was attempting to be finished urinating before the prematurely activated flush had finished, requiring a second flush.

But otherwise, no.

Comment

No, but I derive amusement from how I used to tell my son in a fake Italian accent: "My fart, it smell-eh lik-e perrfume offa beautiful-eh woman" and how his fart "smell-a like da arm-a-pit offa da devilll".

Comment

I baturally say 'pardon me' when I belch, but when I fart, its a different thing.

Yes, I am surprised about the non-flushing thing... it IS just me then.

if baturally isnt a word, it should be

Comment

I also don't see the point of flushing early.

Comment

WornOldMotorbike wrote:
                                  Here's one for you: when you're alone at home and you belch or fart, do you instinctively say 'pardon me'...
                                  Good Lord no. The phrase "Pardon me" is desperately petit-bourgeois.

Comment

I used to pull the flush before I was quite finished when I was a kid, because I tended to turn everything into a competition. In this case I was attempting to be finished urinating before the prematurely activated flush had finished, requiring a second flush.
                                    I still do this.

Comment

The premature flush when pooing is perfectly acceptable ... nay, often advisable ... surely.

When weeing, it's a bit redundant, I would have said.

Comment

Working...
                                      X