Editing yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing yourself

I woke up (sneezing and coughing) and watched a programme on TV where someone made a mention of 'editing yourself' or doing something totally against your nature to make others like you more.

When I am in an argument, (believe it or not, it happens), I try to say to myself everything I am about to say, in another accent (or in extreme cases, language) before I say something I may regret.

I have certain pairs of supremely comfortable socks which I cant wear if there is a likelihood of staying over at someone elses house (because they leave bits over the floor).

I used to have an online profile in homoland where I made no mention of the fact that I am a rabid football and baseball fan, and fortunately I was sensible enough to meet on neutral ground so that the other, had time to take one look at the NYY tattoo on my forehead, and bugger off.

What say you?

Editing yourself

Do you ever accidentally blurt out your foreign accent though? Rather than an internal monologue.

Have you really got a tatoo on your forehead?

If I could edit myself, I'd insert more hours into my day, so when I go to bed in 45 minutes I might sleep for 9-10 hours.

Comment

Editing yourself

no Barny, its more of an internal tattoo, but I usually have some form of NYY clothing on my body (other than cap, which at 41, even I am too old for)

Yes, I occasionally blurt out what I think in a foreign language, unintenionally, which gives me time to backtrack and think of what I just said in English, so it works both ways.

Comment

Editing yourself

As I get older I'm needing caps and headwear more, as I get sunburn on my very much thinning hairline.

I'm a bit like homer in that I'm not accepting that it's gone yet, despite all evidence pointing elsewhere.

I sometimes wish I took a little longer to respond, as my actual thoughts are often too aggresive for me to engage entirely with society. Not literal physical aggresion, but I feel ever more intolerant of others. If I could just calm down a bit and chill then I'd be a much nicer person to spend time with.

But in the main I think that alot of people are irritating twats.

Comment

Editing yourself

I am pretty sure that you are not alone. I think I lost all patience about 20 years ago, right in the middle of whn I prided myself for being tolerant. I am a grumpy git. Nice with it, occasionally

Comment

Editing yourself

I have no idea why I do this, but I still will pretend/act/dissemble that I don't know the answer (trivial or otherwise) to a question when I actually do know it.

I think it's a carry-over from high school.

Comment

Editing yourself

no Barny, its more of an internal tattoo, but I usually have some form of NYY clothing on my body (other than cap, which at 41, even I am too old for)
              I still haven't run out of having fun at the expense of Yankees fans following the subway series this past weekend.

Loads of them posted their photos, including the scoreboard before the game. None after. Bwahahaha. Owned by the Mets.

Comment

Editing yourself

If my graduation commencement is at Yankee stadium, it might be a tricky call if I go. I might borrow a red sox jersey to wear under my gown.

Comment

Working...
                X