Who really believes in political shite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a mess, it's a mesh, all of them cocksuckers equally bullshit.

What they have in US, with Democrats and Republicans basically ruling the scene, is what we have here, only a bit more spread out among other cunts.

Give me one good reason to vote, beyond the tedious, obvious one that if I'm not with the system I'm against it.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I'm stuck in a Roman empire, where everything was made to sound fine and dandy, but we all know it was evil. How different is this from the days of Nero?

Fiddlers are now fewer and farther between.

Comment

I don't but that "these politicians are all as bad as the other". Many are pretty evil, of course. Some can be disgusting. Some are really good. Most are completely out of their depth.

I also don't buy your reasons for not engaging in the political process. If you forfeit your vote, you forfeit your right to hold politicians accountable. Besides, if you don't like the system, become involved organisations that address its shortcomings.

Comment

G.Mandoza wrote:
        I don't but that "these politicians are all as bad as the other". Many are pretty evil, of course. Some can be disgusting. Some are really good. Most are completely out of their depth.

I also don't buy your reasons for not engaging in the political process. If you forfeit your vote, you forfeit your right to hold politicians accountable. Besides, if you don't like the system, become involved organisations that address its shortcomings.
        My political vote is that I don't want to be part of it in its current state. How can that be a lesser statement than voting for anyone?
        Please do indulge me, and tell me my non-vote counts less than what you seem to urge, that I'd rather vote for the less wrong than not at all, in a system so fucked I want revolution?

Comment

A political party, to me, is no different to religion.
          It takes a certain kind of nutter to want become Pope, it's the same kind of nutter who wants to rule a nation.
          Why would I want my country lead by either?

Comment

I like the way you construct things: "It's like when dogs act like monkeys. If a monkey can't use a computer, how can a dog expect to chew gum? I defy you to explain this to me without tedious, obvious answers." And so forth.

So don't vote. Problem solved.

Comment

Worn Old Mbeki wrote:
              I like the way you construct things: "It's like when dogs act like monkeys. If a monkey can't use a computer, how can a dog expect to chew gum? I defy you to explain this to me without tedious, obvious answers." And so forth.

So don't vote. Problem solved.
              And you honestly think that we have better to vote on than dogs and monkeys?

Comment

I really believe in political shite. Anyone else?

Comment

So you say you want a revolution. Well, you know, we'd all want to change the world. I'd like to see your plan.

My political vote is that I don't want to be part of it in its current state. How can that be a lesser statement than voting for anyone?
                  Please do indulge me, and tell me my non-vote counts less than what you seem to urge, that I'd rather vote for the less wrong than not at all, in a system so fucked I want revolution?
                  If you don't vote, you can continue criticising the system, and agitate against it. But I don't think you'd have the right to complain about the policies of the elected parties if you declined to take part in the electoral process.

You should take part in the political process through organisations in civil society, instead of disengaging from it and moaning.

Comment

I wasn't going to bother with this thread but this
                    It's like when dogs act like monkeys. If a monkey can't use a computer, how can a dog expect to chew gum? I defy you to explain this to me without tedious, obvious answers.
                    make me glad I did.

I have sat here for 5 minutes in existential contemplation about that.

Don't be surprised if this turns up in a future lyric

Comment

I believe in political shite too.

Rather more than I believe in contributing to inane interweb messageboard threads like this to be honest, but I'm a weak man. We're all fallible.

Comment

Working...
                      X