Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are "Save" and "Save as" next to each other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After deleting the entire content of the last bit of translation work I did, I wanted to just keep the headers to start on the next one.

I meant to do "Save as". My hand slipped. I saved over everything with blank.

This wouldn't have happened with pen and paper.

Do the "Save As" before you start deleting.

No, no, don't thank me. I just enjoy being helpful.

Comment

Did you rescue it with Edit > Undo?

Comment

I've been trying for ten years to get our Notes developers to separate the buttons for "Reply" and "Reply to All".

Comment

There are programs that'll only let you undo as far back as the last save.

Comment

You can't, I believe, Undo after you Save.

One moment and I'll try it.

Nope, I was wrong. I wrote, saved, then deleted it all. Then saved. Then did Redo Tying and it all came back. So nothing, apparently, is permanent. Or impermanent, depending on your angle. Which will please Buddhists everywhere.

Comment

Yes, the undo feature!

But now I've started typing it again and it won't Undo far back enough any more.

Lalalalalalalalalala.

Lalalalalala.

Lalalalalalalalalala.

I'm going to get an old cassette tape and do that scene from In the Name of the Father where Daniel Day-Lewis loses it.

Comment

In outlook you can drag your buttons around to where you want them, is this possible in Notes?

Comment

No, that was the first thing I tried ten years ago.

Notes (or at least our implementation) is very rigid in that way (and a number of others).

Comment

At least I got to point out hte blindingly obvious suggestion then.

I don't think I've ever used notes. I have used Outlook, MS Mail, Eudora and something I think that was called Pine way back in the dark ages if 1995.

Comment

I still use pine. It remains clean, fast, efficient, and hard to kill with viruses.

Comment

When I worked in an office, and before I'd discovered OTF, I was a regular user of the Football 365 forum. Which explains a lot, I suppose.

Anyway, one day I clicked print instead of refresh and panicked like fuck as I imagined dozens of pages of my time-wasting spewing out of the printer next to my boss's desk.

Luckily, the print option brought up the print menu, and didn't print everything straight away. So relieved was I that I clicked 'ok' instead of 'cancel'.

Comment

Working...
                        X