X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    Terminal 5

They could sort out the immigration queues by, you know, hiring more immigration officers. I've been in a completely full arrivals hall with only three officers before.

Leave a comment:

• VTTBoscombe
    replied
    Terminal 5

Has Terminal 5 got fitted carpet like all British airport Terminals seem to have?

Which in a few years will be all worn and held together by duck tape, covered in stains you don't wish to know about, and altogether giving visitors to the country a fine first impression.

(Terminal 5 is in bold as I am trying out the Bold button, no other reason).

Far prefer the foriegn airports with their ice skating slippery ,hard floors.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Terminal 5

Because it's cheaper than the train, and if you live nearer to an airport than you do to King's Cross it might also be faster.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Terminal 5

Incidentally, why would anyone fly to Paris from London?

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Terminal 5

Believe me, I have no intention of checking any bags in tomorrow. I fear that, because it's all of BA's flights over there, it's actually going to be even worse than it ever was before.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Terminal 5

I'd think seriously about taking hand-luggage only...

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    started a topic Terminal 5

Terminal 5

Has anyone been through it yet? Is it full of pointless clutter? Is it very slow? Is everything in a stupid serif font? Is there too much furniture in the way? Are they all trying to sell you stuff you don't want? Are lots of people getting lost trying to get there?

I'm heading through tomorrow, boosting my carbon footprint even more.

It's needed, I'm pretty sure of that, whatever the whiney protestors say. Unless you cut back on the number of flights, which isn't happening any time soon. But it's pretty obvious that Heathrow couldn't cope before - the number of hours I've spent in immigration queues, and baggage reclaim, or worse still held hostage in a plane for an hour or two unable to make its way to its gate.

Although I'm still left wondering how every other airport on the planet can have 5 terminals all within walking distance, yet Heathrow needs them so far apart that you need two different proper rail services to get between them.
Working...
X