• Show
Clear All

Wingco!

Is that you on this poster?...

-

-

...Only it looks just like you!

Jolly well done, if so. :-)

Now... does anyone know where I can find a larger version of that image?

Wingco!

here?

Comment

Wingco!

The poster makes absolutely no sense whatsover, of course, by far and away the greatest number of the "political class" whom we are urged to "fight" (by which I take people who've never had a job other than directly or indirectly working for a political party) are Noo Labour.

But, of course, the "Tory" accusation (about them) in the first line is probably spot on, very few of the ones I've met have ever visited a council estate, let alone lived on one.

Comment

Wingco!

I came across a biog of Charlie Nicholas on a second hall stall in Stockton a couple of weeks ago written by a chap with a similar name to wingco and nearly bought it out of curiousity but it was two quid.

Comment

Wingco!

Yes, that's wingco's book (according to his wiki, anyway).

Comment

Wingco!

Wrong branch of the services for wingco, surely?

Comment

Wingco!

£2 on a second-hand book stall is a mark of honour. £1's normally the mark for even Katie Price autobiographries, and then 50p for the rest.

It's yer Bill Brysons and Tony Hawks that normally attract £2. Or "My lovely and healthy Pasta Sauce" by Jamie Oliver.

Comment

Wingco!

Double-edged sword, though, Rogin, as it meant that the book stayed put apart fom a cursory flick.

Comment

Wingco!

Comment

Wingco!

Naturally swboro, you wanted to make sure that wingco got the benefit of your purchase by getting it new.

Comment

Wingco!

Turns out the original is (gasp) American.

Comment

Wingco!

ursus arctos wrote:
                        Nice one, U.A.! (Still looks quite like Wingco, though.)

I love the way that the best method for encouraging men to fight world tyranny is to tell them that they'll get to play with very loud bangs.

Comment

Wingco!

Crikey, it's a penny on Amazon. I've just tried to buy it new, but next time I go north of the river I may try and barter that nice lady down if it's still there. Now I know the going rate.

Comment

Wingco!

Very flattering, Clive!

I wouln't in all honesty bother with the Charlie Nicholas book, folks. I've not got a copy myself but even at a penny, I'm not tempted.

Comment

Working...
                            X