Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Er, Wyatt, chill out.

I wasn't accusing you of having funny or wrong notions, and there's really no need to defend yourself against anything in my post. I was thinking aloud, trying to see if anything interesting would follow.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

You're misreading my tone, my dear fellow.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Probably am, yeah. Soz.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

But it IS interesting. We all know that pretty people get on better in life, as a general rule. And, yes I got all this from Gladwell but still, that chief executives of companies tend to be taller, etc. And we can try to compensate for this and tell ourselves that we won't react less well to someone because they're not so pretty, but I think it's at a deeper level than that and not so easy to control.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

That's not Socrates. That's Gangster Octopus.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

No, no, no. That was Socrates. This is GO:

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

I don't think GO will thank you for comparing him to Rory McGrath.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Haha. Rory McGrath isn't bad, though. I probably would.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Rory McGrath's transformation from his time on They Think It's All Over to QI is quite amazing.

Essentially, he transformed himself from thick, unfunny cunt to know-it-all, unfunny cunt.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

He was funny in Who Dares wins and in my 3rd place all time favourite sitcom, Chelmsford 123. Also I used to see him out and about all the time cos he lived near me. Once I noticed that he left behind almost a full bottle of wine in an Indian restaurant. Anyway, yeah.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Who Dares Wins... that was the ensemble sketch show with the dude who plays Baldrick, wasn't it? That was intermittently hilarious (and sometimes just awful).

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Haha. Rory McGrath isn't bad, though. I probably would.
                          Good God.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

I didn't want to start a thread so I thought this one would do, I just wanted to share an observation really.

I saw this amazingly beautiful man on the bus this morning. His features were regular and nice, but not really that remarkable, but it was his eyes. The left one was a mid brown, and the right one was sort of half that brown and half a kind of slate kind of opaque turquoise colour. And even the brown was luminous, it had that kind of light cat's-eye type quality that always gives people that faraway look, and in the right eye it sort of merged with the blue so you couldn't see the join. And he knew they were amazing because he knew how to use them as well, that kind of slow-burn long-lashed gaze.

He was also wearing some of the worst clothes ever, including a pale beige Louis Vuitton baseball cap, and those shell suit trousers that finish at half mast with long socks pulled up underneath, trainers, leather jacket, bit of bling, etc.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Exactly how close did you have to get to those eyes, to notice so much detail?

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Bloody hell, people were talking about me when I wasn't here. Still, it was April Fools Day...

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Haha. Not very, I was sat on the back seat and he was in the seat opposite, that faces backwards.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Oh hey, Lyra, I forgot to ask you the other night about the Tom Hanks resemblance. What did you think? Too awful?

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

What, you? You don't look anything like Tom Hanks. I did think you reminded me of someone but it wasn't him.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Well, that's a relief.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Gah. You even met Lyra? Fuck. Gimme the whole list. I can take it.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

For the benefit of those not grooving to WOM's deep frustration level, the prospect of meeting up with other OTFers is probably much more exciting to us foreigners, dazzled with tales of previous legendary 'thons, than it is to the jaded Londoners amongst you.

WOM: Crusoe, Oolon, Hobbes, Carcass, Chubby/Lardinho, EIM, Spearmint Rhino, YATR, Ginger Yellow, Tubby, Lyra. Apologies if I've missed anyone.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

Sigh.

Like Snoopy, if I had a water dish, I'd go lay down with my head in it.

Comment

Phwoar! Admins we fancy

and there is more drinking tomorrow too!

Comment

Working...
                                                X