More, more, more hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More, more, more hair

Because, I know alot of you remember the thread I started on the old board where I said I was leaving the shaven-headed look behind after eight years and growing a lavish head of hair once again. And I know you've spent the last few weeks wondering if my hair growth strategy came to fruition, or if I bottled it and in a fit of exasperation, took the electric razor to my scalp. Well, thanks for your concern, but you'll be glad to hear that the good news is, my follicles have been fecund, my mane is now magnificent... I am hirsute. A glorious crop of soft, lush hair now sits where scant months ago, there was only coarse stubble. The fringe is maybe a little higher than it was a decade ago, but there's no sign of a bald spot, and it's as thick and luxuriant as ever, spilling over my ears in sumptuous cascades. I'm proudly sporting a proto-mullet, and I was overjoyed to see this morning, after a rigorous towelling, that right over my neck it's even starting to curl upwards in a fetchingly cute manner.

The only downside to my current hairy spurt is that I'm now addicted to male hair sculpting products. Sitting on my vanity shelf right now are wax, paste, gum, gel and clay, would you believe, which I can only get out of the tub by clawing at it with my fingersnails. Christ knows what's in it, but whatever it is, it gets thoroughly massaged in every morning.

So, there you go. Next time you see me, I'll probably look like Joey Ramone (did before he died). Mmm, I'm just running my fingers through it now. Gorgeous.

More, more, more hair

Yeah, o.k. I'm envious.

it's as thick and luxuriant as ever, spilling over my ears in sumptuous cascades
    Mine tends to spill out of my ears in cascades, but I would hestitate before calling them sumptuous.

Comment

More, more, more hair

I've got loads of hair again at the moment. I tend to grow it long when I'm not working.

Comment

More, more, more hair

Vulgar stuff, hair. I keep it clipped down to a number 3 or 4 on the back and sides, but have grown out the flat-top (at Mrs WOM's repeated request) to something more of a TinTin-esque 'forward & up' on the top.

Comment

More, more, more hair

Well get you, sucking at the teat of The Man, with your neat hair and military precision.

Man, it's like the fucking 60s never happened.

Long hair is essential in London. That, combined with my penchant for flared jeans, lets the locals know I'm not one of them. And more importantly, it reminds me that I'm not one of them.

Seriously, the anti-Northern rhetoric I've encountered over the last few weeks has steeled my will to stay on and succeed in this God-awful city. Nil carborundum illegitimi and all that.

Comment

More, more, more hair

KM:

This is a scary concept - you with hair!

Did the good lady Mob put you up to this, by any chance? They do like their 80s poodle-haired rockers, the ladies. Has she been buying any Motley Crue albums recently, perhaps?

I have no such urges (to grow my hair, that is!). In fact, when my hair did last get a little longer than a grade on a set of clippers, it became apparent that the stuff on my crown no longer grows as fast as the rest. :-( Fortunately, though, I now have the ideal excuse to keep my hair forever at grade 1: I ride a motorbike! Not only could I not countenance 'helmet-hair', but I also wouldn't want the lining of the helmet getting permanently clogged up with gel, wax or grease ...and then there's the hair-care products too! (Arf, arf!)

Comment

More, more, more hair

you utter bastard. You mean you were bald by choice?
              I would fucking LOVE to grow a decent head of hair again, rather than the feeble "barely covers the middle" pile of shite I've got now.

Comment

More, more, more hair

Well get you, sucking at the teat of The Man, with your neat hair and military precision.
                Brother, with two kids, a mortgage, and (fuck me) life insurance, I am The Man. What upsets the whole illusion, though, is that I hate shaving. I constantly look like a homeless guy who just happened into the barber college for a free haircut. I always seem to be in that zone between people saying "Thinking of shaving this week?" and "Growing a beard, are you?" Hate shavings...hate beards. What can I do?

Comment

More, more, more hair

Yeah. I'm a shave once a fortnight kind of guy, when really I should shave every day.

But it doesn't matter. I couldn't look smart (smart like my Dad would mean it, not smart as in a pair of smart trainers) with this hair even if I wanted to.

Then there's the fact I never leave the flat, and you know, why fucking shave?

Comment

More, more, more hair

Can I just say that for men, shaved heads and one of those beards that's very short but is still more than the hair on their heads can often be a very sexy look?

My hair is a disaster zone. I am seriously contemplating trying to chop bits of it off myself. And it needs a bit of colour.

Comment

Working...
                    X