Lyra - The EDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyra - The EDT

I went in today. They've only gone and got a babyfoot table. I can't fucking believe it. I take it all back. The place is now in my top one pubs in Dulwich.

And to think I ignored it to drink in that horrendous hive of aioli, The Bishop.

Lyra - The EDT

HAH.

Qus: is it free? or if not. how much? Is it a proper glass topped one? are the balls proper ping pong-type ones?

I really really really really really really really want a game.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

I didn't like to get too close. There were people eyeing me suspiciously as it was, and given my traumatic experience in the CPT yesterday (which stands for Crystal Palace Tavern, and not Compton, as Dr Dre had me believe) I was keen to keep a low profile.

Anyway, it appears to be a decent table. Definitely glass topped. Almost certainly a garlando or derivative. I'll go investigate properly tomorrow. I'll then be able to determine if it's the kind of table I can rig to get free games out of. I assume it will be. There's not a table been made can stand up to my terrible cheapness.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

I mourn the table at the Rosie in New Cross, which was free. And the one at the Wickham Arms, on which I once won a pint off a drunk Irishman who had previously reigned more or less unchallenged. I have often thought of writing a pub guide based on availability of tables, number of students, quality of players, ethical awareness of issues re spinning (NEVER) etc

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

I miss my game sin the Yorkshire House so much it makes me cry.

If this table is up to scratch, then I suggest, nay demand, a babyfootathon.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Oh absolutely. Sooner the better. Yes. You'll be checking it out at lunch tomorrow then yeah?

OMG a CROCODILE crawled INSIDE the dinosaur TO DIE.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

(can I come? God love Bristol, but no-one can play a table here).

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

All are welcome.

Tomorrow lunchtime may be too soon. I shall check tomorrow afternoon, after I wake up. I have a long night of losing at FM2008 lined up. Promotion has proved a difficult step to adjust to.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

I remind you that I am rubbish, btw.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Oh aye, here we go. The hustling has started already. Next you'll be suggesting we play for money.

Well I've been there. I fell for it. And I shan't fall for it again.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Oh man. Graeme le Saux is on Celebrity Masterchef

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

No srsly. I used to hustle but that was back in the day, when I was young, and still had my looks, etc

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Stop fucking cuddling and being nice you cunts. What do you think this is, 40 fucking per cent?

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

I wish I had saved a copy of the story I wrote about losing money to a small town gangster at table football. But I didn't.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

I would say that was really funny, but under new board rules I am not permitted. So instead I say it was shit and that you are in fact a cunt.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

on 40% three people would have told me what a whingeing fucking cow I was by now!

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Don't test me sista, I'm like hanging by a thread here.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

So if I pushed you with a fingertip, you'd, er, swing gently from side to side?

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Something like that. And let me get this straight - I HATE motion sickness.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Now my brain is going 'The sword of Damocles is hanging over my he-e-e-ead! And I've gotta feeling someone's ginna be cutting the thre-e-e-ead!' thanks for that.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Mwahahahahaha, my reign of terror is sweeping all before it!

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Count me in for a table footy tourney. I'm sorely out of practice though.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Which rules do you people play: spinning allowed or not? I think it's unfair if spinning is not allowed, because then I don't win so much. When spinning is allowed, I fucking rock.

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

Spinning should never be allowed. There ARE no rules by which spinning is allowed. That's like saying do you play footbvall by the rules when everyone can handle the ball?

Comment

Lyra - The EDT

And I believe this is the story you are looking for EIM:
                                                  http://visionsofwrongterrance.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                                  X