I hate Linda Papadopoulos and her Orville duckface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HATE LINDA PAPADOPOULOS AND HER ORVILLE THE DUCK FACE. There. I've been bottling it up for ages.

It really annoys me that any time there's any story with a vaguely psychological angle (from the Fritzl dungeon kids to football), it's always her who gets wheeled on in front of a camera to come out with benign and bleeding obvious platitudes. Surely there are other psychologists out there who can talk without a stutter and who aren't horrifically disfigured?

Just now, Hawksbee & Jacobs on Talksport did a cobbled-together item about the end of the football season and the way that fans can sink into a state of mild depression until August, and guess who they roped in to offer her advice. AAAAARGH!

I have a bit of a crush on her, to be honest.

Comment

I take it she's s 'celebrity' psychologist? I've never heard of her.

I've got a mental image (a really mental image) of SR screaming "I hate that duck!", sniffing moistly and screwing his face up.

Comment

You'd know her if you saw her. She's totally cornered the market.

Comment

I fancy her as well.

Comment

Who's the psychologist bloke who does the show where they stop people spending too much money, by helping them overcome their childhood traumas? He worries me. When he talks, his face does not move. He is like a bad ventriloquist act. It's like he's had his entire face anaethetised.

Comment

Popular Weegie chanteuse Lulu has the same problem. She's practically rigor mortified with all that botox, and can't sing I'm a tiger any more.

What channels does Linda P appear on bar Talk Sport? I've never heard of her either. It's often Oliver James on the BBC, or before his disgrace for plagiarism, Raj Persaud.

If they need some edgy paramilitary cred, Geoffrey Beattie (he's from the same street as Johnny Adair in west Belfast).

Comment

I first saw her on Late Night Poker. Since then, I think I've also seen her on one of the Big Brother spin-offs - BB's Little Brother or something.

Comment

She's on GMTV a lot as well.

Lulu has apparently knocked the botox on the head for a bit, causing the Mail to do a nice feature about how much older she looks without it.

Comment

Tanya Byron's the thinking lech's TV psychologist, I reckon. Dead serious and so on, and not all young or anything, but with just a nod towards a slightly trashy way of dressing that at my time of life I find immensely agreeable.

Comment

That guy who helps people stop spending money or eating only chips etc by taking them rock climbing, he's called Ben somebody. Fry? Which is kind of funny in the context of the chips programme, haha. Anyway I don't like him that much either. I don't think his approach is that helpful.

Comment

Tanya Byron's the thinking lech's TV psychologist, I reckon. Dead serious and so on, and not all young or anything, but with just a nod towards a slightly trashy way of dressing that at my time of life I find immensely agreeable.
                        Oh yeah, for sure. She's great. She also seems pretty serious about what she does, unlike a lot of TV psychologists. Who's that guy who does BBC3's You've Lost All Your Money or whatever its called, who deduces childhood trauma behind ever over-zealous shopping trick.

Comment

This is the best thread title ever by the way. It makes me chuckle every time I read it, mainly because I love to imagine London's and Brighton's glammest middle-aged man slumped in front of the TV in his knee high stomping boots watching Loose Women and having a cheeky little perv at Linda Bellingham when the missus isn't looking.

Comment

More of a Colleen Nolan man, really, but the basics are accurate.

Comment

With a few more commas too. Jesus I should read my posts back more.

Comment

The_Liquidator wrote:
                                With a few more commas too. Jesus I should read my posts back more.
                                Seriously, I wouldn't bother. Why put yourself through that?

Comment

It's a wonder you're not an action hero, what with your dry-cool wit and all.

Comment

I know. I guess it's the action and hero aspects I'm lacking.

I'm more like a svelte comicbook guy from The Simpsons. Or Spider-Man with out the Spider-Powers.

Comment

Or the cool outfit.

Comment

Except I have the cool outfit.

Like I say. Comicbook guy.

Comment

You wish. I look more like him than you do.

Comment

Working...
                                          X