Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOP RANDOMLY SIGNING ME OUT FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that not being able to see the first two lines of current posts from a summary page is very important.

Part of what "drew one in" to the old board was that you had a much better sense of the nature of of the discussions that were being conducted on various parts of the board than you can here. It wasn't unusual for the first few words of a post, rather than the thread title, to be what caught my eye and caused me to click to see the rest. Here, all you have to go on are titles and the identity of the last poster, which may not be enough to entice you to click (and wait) to find out what someone is saying.

And the need for multiple clicks (and associated multiple waits) to access other fora/threads just amplifies the issue.

Comment

Perhaps we've come to expect too much. Perhaps the perceived 'halcyon days' of the old board were a blip, a childhood holiday in the sunshine of our minds, a fragment of the past never to be recaptured. Perhaps this is a rude awakening to the harsh reality of the New Web.

Comment

Working...
      X