X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerontophile
    replied
    Short Notice -thon (London)

yep Coll, that one. I have been a twat (fanatically speaking) in my dim, distant past, and if you like that sort of thing, its a great place to watch Celtic v Rangers.

I left at half time

Leave a comment:

• Disco Child Ballads
    replied

That wasn't the Cock Tavern near Euston by any chance was it, gerontophile? I was there earlier today, and yes it is full of people who are fucking mental.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

wrong thread/subject/totallyfucking pissedoff/type thing

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

I went to a bar called 'the cock' (no sniggers. thanks)

It was suggested by my sister, who is fucking mental, as every person in there was fucking mental. Oh nonspecificdeity, does that make me a part timer? That I cant say orange bastards, or fuckyoucuntsohfuckoffhtatwasonside?

I think today was an epiphany. If loving Celtic involves that, then I will abstain.

I thought that we (Celtic fans) were nice. Yes ok, anti Rangers etc. I have never heard as much racism in my life....sorry, I dont pick my team, and I dont get to choose... I do get to apologise. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied

The Grove, which is 50 yards from South Wimbledon Tube station, is where some local branch of Celtic supporters go to watch their team's games so should be a decent venue. It's also about 200 yards from a bus stop at which you'll be able to hop on the 131 bus which will deposit you, some time later, on Kingsmeadow's doorstep.

Leave a comment:

• JtS
    replied

Kingston town centre is within 20 mins, I would think that Just here that I've forgotten the name of might show the game, it shows alot of football and puts out extra chairs in a terrace format for games.

Leave a comment:

• Carcass
    replied

I'd be up for this if it didn't involved football. So maybe next time.

EIM: Give me a bell if you're going - I'll buy you a pint.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

Just a quick bump for this as I am off to catch my train in 30 minutes.

TT: If the club bar doesnt have Setanta, can you ask the guv'nor if there is anywhere in the vicinity (within 20 minutes travel) of Kingsmeadow, and give me a shout?

If not, I doubt I will make it over, as the closest place I can find to there is a bar in WImbledon, and one in Brentford, and I would miss the first 20 minutes from either.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

Judging by the name of the pub, I think if I go there, I will see Casualty before Kingsmeadow.

Leave a comment:

• JtS
    replied

I think someone once told me they had footy on TV in the orange peel (but you might not like the crowd in there Ger)

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

Please do TT. I will be in London from about 5pm today (Friday) but unlikely to be able to get near a computer until tomorrow. I will PM you my mobile number just in case.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

OK, I'll see what I can do.

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied

geront - I can ask, if you like, about the club bar.

Eric's - hitch a lift, we'll get you in somehow

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

I'll be up for this if I can find where the missus has hidden her purse.

Leave a comment:

• My Name Is Ian
    replied

They've got Sky of some sort in the bar at Kingsmeadow, I think. I don't know what channel they keep it tuned to, though.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

Any pubs nearby the ground with Setanta?

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied

I shall be at the Wimbledon game, be good to see anyone who fancies it, of course.

Leave a comment:

• My Name Is Ian
    replied

That's a reasonably important match, that. Horsham are in the play-off places, I think (though recent problems over finding a new ground to play at have had an effect on their form). Christ, I'm such a geek.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted, but should be able to get up for this.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

AFC Wimbledon are playing Horsham at home.

Leave a comment:

• My Name Is Ian
    replied

I might be able to get a pass if Wimbledon are at home. I haven't been for a while.

Wingate & Finchley are in the Ryman Division One North - nice ground, but there won't be anyone there (their average home crowd this season is 109).

Leave a comment:

• Sundeporino
    replied

I think Im at Barnet v Wrexham. The 39th game fiascos certainly broadened my horizons.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

Just noticed that Rangers are playing Celtic at 12:30 on Saturday, so a pub with Setanta is an option if anyone knows one. Preferably one away from the mad(ding) crowd.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied

I'd like to come along, but given my early weekend sleeping patterns, I can't guarantee I'll be awake.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

What league do they play in?

Leave a comment:

• JtS
    replied

Ooh Wingate & Finchley are at home. Is it worth a trip there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X