Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not one for Femme Folle and the cat brigade

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

I don't hold with animal cruelty in the slightest, but if we're doing in cats for looking pleased they'd all be dead in about an hour.

I also wonder if this was the Daily Mail's page 9 animal story?

Yet another reason to keep the cats indoors at all times.

Mine don't ever smirk, but they have got that innocent "it wasn't me" look down pat.

Comment

Is the bottom photo in that article really necessary? "A goon rolling around with a cat, yesterday."

Comment

I think I've mentioned before the story of a friend of mine who joined a conservation project in Mauritius to help save an endangered species of flightless bird that was being preyed upon by the large local population of feral cats.

Being on a very low budget, the most efficient way to get rid of the cats was to capture them in sacks and kill them by whacking them against trees. And that's pretty much what he spent his whole summer doing.

Comment

One of ours killed a mouse last night and left it by the back door. Good providers, them.

Comment

What if the dog killed a rabbit and brought it home? Can we eat that as the main to the cat's mouse entree?

Comment

The same cat that killed the mouse caught and brought home a rabbit last summer. A rabbit, incidentally, that was not significantly smaller than her.
              Our male cat couldn't catch a bird if it was rolling past in a wheelchair.

Comment

Memorials to Chopper are today lining the street where the couple live.

They read: "Chopper rest in peace, we love and miss you so much. We are sorry we couldn't protect you."
                Jesus, the English are pathetic. They'll jump on any chance for a bit of mawkish, public grieving won't they?

Soppy bastards. And I love cats too, me.

I'd love to come up with some conclusive evidence that this cat was an illegal immigrant. Then I bet we'd see a very different article, and a very different public reaction from the "sentimental" English.

Comment

Now there's an unexploited business idea: showing up in a modified chip truck at tragedy scenes and selling overpriced jar-candles, flowers, stuffed animals and sympathy cards wrapped in cling film (for weather protection).

Comment

Working...
                  X