• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible facebook revelations

That'd make a lovely wedding dress.

Comment

It's a shirt that would fit in well at a Dia de los Muertos festival.

Comment

Pitched on the festival's campground, with room for 4 people to sleep in.

Comment

Do any British beaches have sand these days?

Comment

Brighton's never had sand. As far as the south coast goes, Start Bay is sandy, then Exmouth, and the parts of the stretch from Weymouth to Bournemouth, and I think that's about it.

Most of England's proper sandy beaches are in North Cornwall, Lancashire or West Wales. I can't speak for Scotland, but I understand most of their beaches are absolutely stunning (if a bit windswept).

Comment

The Lincolnshire coast is all sand, man. In fact, there's so much sand, the authorities are shitting bricks that the Wash is going to fill up with the stuff. That long shore drift lark is dragging it down the coastline, and depositing it at every beach south of Skeg.

In fact, last time I was at Skeg, the beach itself was about a mile from the road to the sea. It was ludicrous.

Comment

I can't speak for Scotland, but I understand most of their beaches are absolutely stunning
                "Stunning" is definitely appropriate. Most are pebbly with a thick band of stinking razor-sharp dried seaweed at the tide-line. Or did the SMT bus trip only take us to the shitey beaches?

Comment

Most of England's proper sandy beaches are in North Cornwall, Lancashire or West Wales.
                  No, there are loads all up the East Coast, from Kent to Northumberland.

(It should probably be one of the Welsh posters who points out the other little difficulty with your claim...)

I thought the beaches of Fife were amazing, willie1foot, especially the one an St Andrews.

Comment

Wyatt Earp wrote:
                    (It should probably be one of the Welsh posters who points out the other little difficulty with your claim...)
                    Yes, I was hoping someone else would spot it first so us Celts didn't have to point it out ...

Comment

Camber Sands!

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
                        [quote]Brighton's never had sand.quote]

This is bollocks.

There's loads of sand on Brighton beach. It's right down by the waterline, and indeed it's covered by the tide for some of the day, but it's there. The best stretch is just east of the West Pier. If you want to go paddling without lacerating your feet, that's the prime spot.

Comment

I keep meaning to work my way through everyone on the 'People you may know...' list (most of whom are from OTF) that Facebook helpfully displays, but on reflection, I kind of like the idea that I've got a revervoir of latent friends on tap, like an army of earthernware warriors ready to be activated at my behest.

Comment

Ha!

On my People You May Know List OTF contingent gallery, somebody turned up who would possibly not accept my friend request. I was tempted.......

Comment

QUOTE:

Yes, I was hoping someone else would spot it first so us Celts didn't have to point it out ...
                              Knowing Rogin, I think it's fair to say that this was almost certainly a joke.

Comment

There are some fabulous sandy beaches in Scotland; especially in the north-west. The trick is to find out on which particular day the sun is likely to come out...

Comment

I don't think I have a single OTFers as a friend on Facebook.

If you're struggling with my name, just check the latest WSC and the preview for Switzerland...

Comment

I can remember your first name, but your surname... I think I remember the first two syllables.

Anyway, there is a OTF group where you can find all manner of OTFers you can invite.

Comment

Actually, I do remember your surname.

Comment

You've got request one, now, Yuri.

Comment

1890 has three OTF friends now. It's like Animal House in there.

Comment

Poole, Dorset is a great sandy beach complete with 'live-in' beach huts.

Comment

I took the hint as well, 1890.

Comment

Working...
                                              X