• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLIMATE CHANGE IS NATURAL: 100 REASONS WHY

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/146138

Words fail me.

"You never see a nipple in the Daily Express".

Just a load of fucking tits.

Comment

[url=http://politicalirony.com/2009/12/10/what-if-2/]I found this cartoon[/i] (from USA Today!) amusing:

Comment

Very good.

This is my favourite argument against man made climate change:

13) Peter Lilley MP said last month that "fewer people in Britain than in any other country believe in the importance of global warming. That is despite the fact that our government and our political class - predominantly - are more committed to it than their counterparts in any other country in the world".

Comment

I tell a lie, this one is better:

43) Rising CO2 levels increase plant growth and make plants more resistant to drought and pests

Comment

10) A large body of scientific research suggests that the sun is responsible for the greater share of climate change during the past hundred years.
            Trust them to blame another newspaper.

Seriously, though. Being a climate denier is starting to become more and more widespread, something's got to happen and quick or these tits'll be running their 4x4s on 'nookulur' power while the planet burns...

My grievance is that this shite takes the focus away from man made pollution, which is the real problem.

Comment

74) To date “cap and trade” carbon markets have done almost nothing to reduce emissions.
              How this is a reason why climate change is natural (along with several others of this 100) escapes me.

Comment

My mate Andy ripped this to shreds in his blog (not that it's difficult to point out the flaws with any one of these, but he's had the patience to do it to all 100).

http://andygates.livejournal.com/273008.html

including this analysis of it:

Comment

What a surprise by the Daily Express...

Comment

I took the rather irritating capitals in the thread title from the article. Apologies for that.

LLR, great chart.

I wonder whether The Express has fallen for a wind up. They claim it came from the European Foundation- not the European Climate Foundation- but an anti-EU thing headed by eminent scientist, Bill Cash MP. I can't see why they'd publish this.

Comment

The Daily Express have also a kind of tie-up with a noted meteo-charlatan(whose name escapes me now) using one of those methods that can't be revealed (something to do with planetary influence I think, a kind of astrometeorology) who is also a vociferous sceptic.

Deffo not a paper you want to trust in any meteorological related matter.

Comment

Comment

"What if it's a hoax and we create a better world for nothing"?

How is creating a new artificial quota market for carbon dioxide emissions where multi-billionaires are going to be suddenly allowed to trade and set prices for how much I want to breathe out, "creating a better world"?

Even Gordon Brown only went to Copenhagen to secure a reduction in increases over 50 years from 50 gigatons or something, to 40 (which means he'll settle for 48.9).

Not 50 to zero (which the scientists say is the point); 50 to 40.

It's Canute spluttering at the ocean as the waves go up his nose.

Comment

Working...
                          X