When can we have the old board back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some nice reminiscing there, ta. But nothing I need, I don't think.

Comment

I'm extremely grateful to have one PM back: an incredibly detailed (and generous) one from evilC on Goth culture in the wake of that 'girlfriend on a leash' thread. Candid, informative and exhaustive. My hat's off to him again. Someday I'll send it back to him with the hope that, with a few edits for privacy, he'll post it for the group. Great stuff.

Comment

I'm going have to turn off the PM system on old OTF now. If anyone missed this thread or needs to get back in to retrieve something, let us know.

Comment

Cheers, WOM. No worries, old chap.

I actually remembered about the '24 hours to save all your correspondence' at about 11pm last night and then spent ages simply copying & pasting every thread into a couple of Word documents! Better than nothing, I suppose.

What I will miss most of all (in a practical sense) is all the links to music blogs and downloads from the old site. Hopefully alot of that will still work in its read-only form. I think that it's that kind of thing that brings home what a truly priceless resource this kind of board is - in an almost 'archeological' sense. I consider this bard to have 'shaped me' and my life over the last few years and, in that sense, it's my heritage. Losing the old board for good would be like having your family house burn down with everything still in it. (Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea.)

Comment

Working...
          X