When can we have the old board back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to be a nag, but when is the old OTF going to be restored as a read-only archive?

Without wishing to overdramatise, I feel kind of bereaved. I want to know what I said about Andrew Marr's History Of Post-War Britain when it was broadcast, and Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" when it was released, and I want to see what other people said in response (to name but two).

It's quite upsetting to think that that stuff is gone forever.

I agree.

Things like Taylor's eulogy for his dead father and the "don't eat the tuna in the fridge - it's off" post (damn - I always forget whose post that was!) deserve to live forever.

Comment

If you have a lot of patience, you can trawl through the Wayback Archive.

Comment

I would like my PMs back. Some of them were amusing.

Comment

Yeah, I've been missing it too, and have been hoping for its return pretty much ever since it disappeared.

Talking of the tuna story, has Lieutenant Dub made it over here yet? Is he here under a new name?

Comment

I'd like to pile-on here as well. It would really bug me if it disappeared forever, Taylor's and Dub's posts especially. There was some very, very good writing there. A lot of funny shit, too.
            And thankfully, the old search function was roughly 51,000 times more useful than the one on this board.

Comment

I think that "Can't Get You Out of My Head" actually came out two versions of OTF ago, but I'm pretty sure that you started the thread, SR, and raved about it (as did a couple of others), but Jimski didn't think it was anything special.

I'll fifth or sixth or whatever we're up to about missing the old board, because I always look up other people's comments on movies after I've watched them, since I mostly don't see them when they first hit the theatres. It was also interesting for confirmation if i remembered someone saying something 180 degrees different from what they'd said earlier.

Comment

Bummer! It took me 15 minutes before I realised that there is an extra subject...

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Yeah, ger - I keep clicking ionto Football and thinking "whaaaa??".

Comment

Noted, SR.

We had a shed load to do on the magazine last month as well as ongoing re-organising on the site, but making the old otf available is on the agenda. There were some server changes made last week - hopefully you've noticed a much quicker new otf - which will hopefully lead to old otf being re-housed soon.

I'll follow it up...

Comment

Ta

Comment

oh and forza old board? Under no circumstances, allow wingco's to go into the ether. Ever.

(and there are a couple of flame wars that were phenomenally good writing, no matter who's side you were on)

Comment

Most of Wingco's best stuff is on his own site, I think (though not, I don't think, all of it).

Comment

aye, fair enough, but why should we lose the sheer thrill and utterance, when it comes forth from his ... I want to say brow, but pretty sure that Seppings will be tapping me on the shoulder.

Comment

doug, any word on whether our PMs are going to be lost? I had some useful contact details among mine, and a few messages that were very important to me for personal reasons. It would be a shame if they were all lost.

Comment

Thanks, Doug.

Comment

Old otf has been turned back on this morning as a read-only archive. We're not too sure how this will affect the site server so it's a test run to see how it goes...

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Any chance of making the "active topics" page on this board function anything like it's predecessor?

Comment

Fucking great. The PMs are still there too. Thank you doug and WSC's IT bots.

Comment

Unfortunately we are going to have to close the PM feature since it keeps the board partly active which could lead to server and security issues. [We're advised if a spammer manages to get a log-in, they'll be able to use the server as a spam engine.]

The PM feature will be up for 24 hours so if you have personal stuff in there it would be wise to copy and paste it out now.

Sorry about this.

Comment

I don't suppose you got round to fixing my PM system, did you?

Comment

100 pages of PMs "rescued".

Many thanks for the heads up and getting the old board back as an archive.

Comment

You bugger, doug - now I have to go back and read my old PMs

Comment

Working...
                                                  X