Mixed Bag Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixed Bag Thread

Now what do I do when I see strange lights in the sky out by the airport?

Oh, and Blanche off Corrie died. That's a shame.

And him that sang for the Alan Parsons Project, too.

Anyone got interesting plans for the weekend?

Mixed Bag Thread

I didn't even know there was a hotline. I wish people would stop sending those damn Chinese lanterns across the sky round here - when you've had a few beers, silent balls of fire flying slowly across the sky brings out the paranoid idiot in you.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

A headline only a Canuck would love: and just in time for the Festive Special, too.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

I just had an extremely uncomfortable moment: letting my dentist know I was switching to a different one. I had been going to one for a long time and really liked the hygienist there, but after the dentist retired and sold the practice to a new guy, the new dentist fired the hygienist, for reasons unknown to me. So I decided to go where she landed, and I had to call and cancel an appointment at the old place, and there were some whys and complaints. At least this isn't a small town where I'd have to run into him all the time, but you never know.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

I'm still at work! I haven't spoken out loud for about a week!

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Foxy Knoxy's been found guilty and sentenced to 26 years. What's the deal in Italy...as in how many will she likely serve?

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

I need a wee.

Ian Brown is ace.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

We had a big, company charity auction today to benefit the United Way. People were bidding all sorts of stupid money for laser eye surgery, Leafs tickets, a chainsaw (!?), spa days, etc. Then a bag came up and the auctioneer half-heartedly said 'His and hers...uh...pullovers...dry-weave or lycra...'.

I was the only bidder.

I got, indeed, his and hers dry-weave pullovers, plus a pair of quite expensive lycra golf shirts, 3 baseball hats, and two step-counter/pedometers. All for $20 CDN.

Yay me.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

And yay whoever is going to pick the lot up for $5 CDN at your yard sale next summer, hehe.

Lyra, what, no lolz either the entire week?!?

I had a can of Boy-ardee raviolis for dinner tonight, put them in a ramekin to broil in the oven wih some mozzarella piled on top, that was kind of low-brow culinary fun. I'd seen a TV program on one of the justin food channels about chef/tycoon Bogliardi (boy-ar-dee), interesting dude.

I'm going to try to get some fresh air tomorrow, as opposed to staying in all afternoon and eve watching college football on the internet, which is what I've been doing every saturday since september... There is a great concert tomorrow night as part of the 20th anniv of the fall of the Berlin wall, with Alexander Hacke (ex-Neubaten), from a week-long festival put together by the Goethe Institut. I got some buttermilk, berries and a fresh can of maple syrup for a blueberry pancake brunch I'm throwing sunday for some friends from the radio station, good thing the weather is going to be nice because I'm probably going to have to walk around the island twice to burn off some of that starch.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Hiking in mud with possibly rain later, whilst finishing in the dark OR Wigan-Birmingham City for 1£ OR arsing around at home doing nowt...

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Lucky you didn't tell them you were moving before getting work done, Heliotrope.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

I planted a load of trees this morning as part of a world record attempt.

We planted 614 in an hour.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Worn Old Motorbike wrote:
                          A headline only a Canuck would love: and just in time for the Festive Special, too.
                          Haha WOM, I just got this. Roman must be sick of rotisserie chicken right about now...

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Heh..glad you liked it.

Okay, so who's knocking about tonight?

What are you doing?

I'm just starting CSI. Eating potato chips. Hanging low and lazy tonight.

You all?

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Eating an orange. Pouring myself a glass of Scotch. Trying to finish Too Big To Fail by Andrew Ross Sorkin. Marvelling that my business affairs seem to have sorted themselves out (almost) and that after writing about a quarter of a million words for the final report(s) of a four year-project, my life might be about to return to normal.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Excellent. We must have a celebratory lunch when it's all said and done. Or before Christmas.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Tomorrow's possible. Or Wednesday. Whaddaya think?

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Either works. Me is flexible.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Let's do it tomorrow. Regular place or somewhere special?

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

You reminded me of this when you mentioned strange lights.

For anyone who can't be arsed clicking the link, it's naturally occurring fireballs flying out of a river in China.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

I'd like some slippers.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

The military explained Friday that more than 50 years of UFO sightings had not revealed any evidence of alien life or threats to the U.K.

I'm not surprised. The extra-terrestrial bastards zoom across the galaxies using vastly superior technology that makes ours look like we're still rubbing pieces of flint together and all they bleedin' get to do is hover above Wales for a few seconds before whizzing off again, knowing that the only people with cameras who'll document proof of their existence couldn't be trusted to take pictures of their own knees correctly and should be no more in charge of a Nikon than an alcoholic should be in charge of security at a Jack Daniels distillery.

Why don't the alien buggers simply land in Trafalgar Square, come out, juggle gemstones of countless worth before chucking them into the crowd, leave a million years worth of scientific documents about their race and planet before doing a tap-dance routine and leaving a framed certificate explaining that Venus is anybody's but they own the rest of our Solar System, thank you very much, before pissing off back to where they came from, instead of levitating above a pylon in Cleethorpes for 1.5 seconds, being photographed by Stevie Wonder and then having the image denounced as being 'photoshopped'.

It'd save a lot of bother.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

I wish people would stop sending those damn Chinese lanterns across the sky round here - when you've had a few beers, silent balls of fire flying slowly across the sky brings out the paranoid idiot in you.
                                              Where did these come from? I saw the first one on Monday and was really excited (once I realised it wasn't a plane on fire) but all the kids were nonchalont "Yes, it's one of those lantern things"

Have now finished my last lecture and am waiting for the cleaner to finish so I can go home. Freezing but clear day and Bath Spa Uni is one of the most beautiful campuses being, as it is, in the middle of a farm basically.

Last gig of the year tonight as well

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Epic snowstorm coming through the mid-atlantic tonight. I think I may go outside to see it up close in a little while.

Comment

Mixed Bag Thread

Good stuff ian. One might say the same thing (though definitley not as funnily as you could) about god and his cohort of lieutenants, who have been too lazy to show up somewhere central enough for the last few centuries.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X