No announcement yet.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a funny Gilets Jaunes leader (for Brittany) in the French news tonight, one Jacline Mouraud, weird and wonderful. Mind, she plays the accordion like a diva, I'm dead jealous (at 28 seconds here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pXT...re=youtu.be&t=), she's a hypnotherapist and ectoplasm expert, this YT bit is WTFish. She is one of the Sensibles too. Her Facebook clips have been viewed millions of times, the first one – this rant – over 10m times. I do hope they keep her.

Comment

I'm not interested in declinism. I'm more worried about the amount of money that France is going to need to borrow to smooth things over in the next recession if it is borrowing at least 3% of GDP in the 'good times'. and how quickly that is going to translate into Bankruptcy. Those are problems that you can't will/tantrum out of existence.

Comment

bean counter

Comment

This poll is a good illustration of the "we hate everybody" attitude currently holding sway among the French electorate

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1079751169914871808

Comment

Blimey.

Comment

Terrible explosion due to a gas leak in a bakery on Rue de Trevise in the IXe arrondissement this morning (two blocks from the Grands Boulevards Metro).

Two firemen are dead; ten other people are seriously injured; another 40 have less serious injuries.

Comment

The French far right (including Le Pen and those even more extreme) are currently losing their collective minds over the Treaty of Aix la Chapelle (aka Aachen), which was agreed by Macron and Merkel last year and is to be signed in a few days.

The text of the Treaty is full of bromides about enhancing Franco-German cooperation in various spheres, but the loons are using Facebook and other outlets to claim that it will return Alsace and Lorraine to Germany and force France to share its nuclear arsenal and permanent seat on the UN Security Council with the Germans.

It hasn’t yet been proven that this is a Steve Bannon joint, but it is awfully reminiscent of the stories about how NAFTA required the abandonment of the Dollar for the Amero (a fictional joint currency).

Comment

Well, it was inevitable, but the Gilets Jaunes have formally launched a political party for the European elections.

Comment

The Count of Paris is dead - long live the Count of Paris!

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                      Well, it was inevitable, but the Gilets Jaunes have formally launched a political party for the European elections.
                      Saw a bunch of yellow jacket wanks in Dublin on an anti-vax demo the other week on Benburb St disturbing my brunch. Some were also carrying anti fluoride in the water signs. There seems a common thread of pig ignorant stupidity to direct democracy freaks. Hopefully they will be too busy arguing over their personal pet prejudices/conspiracy theory to get elected in France or elsewhere.

Though I'm sure fucking Peter Casey will pick up an Irish Midlands seat with the help of a Gemma O'Doherty Jordan Peterson fanboy haggard masturbator frog emoji type/pig ignorant racist contrarian pub bore divorced dad/paranoid ma alliance.
                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 25-01-2019, 23:36.

Comment

And the gilets jaunes have now been countered by the foulards rouges.

Comment

Working...
                        X