hobbes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hobbes

Give us a ring or a text later. I'm out of credit on my phone, and I can't be arsed going to the sjop to get more.

I could have done this by pm, of course, but why keep secrets?

hobbes

Sjop. Is that Albanian?

Comment

hobbes

Get with it, gramps. It's what us cool kids/late twentysomethings call the londis down the road.

Comment

hobbes

clique

Comment

hobbes

he can't hear you. they're round the back of the sjop drinking Diamond Blush.

Comment

hobbes

good luck to them in this weather.

My mum's where I'm staying is opposite a Spar that despite being ginormous does not sell anything anyone might want. No crumpets, for gawd's sake. No beans. And the kids that hang out there shouting obscenities at each other and "spliffing up" all night never seem to even have a can of tennant's extra between them. Kids still drink, though, right?

Next door to the Spar is a chicken/burger place. I always thought it was a Morley's Chicken. But the other day I looked and it's called Mowley's. So even chicken place ripoffs have their own ripoffs now. Like the variations on Tennessee fried Chicken and Dixie fried chicken. Or Dominic's Pizza in Brockley. My favourite takeaway name is Uncle Wrinkle in New Cross followed by Bertie Rooster down Brockley Rise way.

Comment

hobbes

Talking of chicken place ripoffs, is Fuckoff in Old Street still open?

Comment

hobbes

Assuming you mean FCKF, yes.

Comment

hobbes

EIM wrote:
                  Get with it, gramps. It's what us cool kids/late twentysomethings call the londis down the road.
                  You're 29 (which is the same as being 30)

Comment

hobbes

Lyra wrote:
                    Bertie Rooster
                    I laugh at that every time I walk past. I am 33.

You'll still do well to beat the kebab place in Dublin though; Abrakebabra.

Comment

hobbes

Legend has it there used to be a mobile chippy in Bromsgrove called "Jason's Doner Van" but I can't back it up with any actual evidence as I've never seen it.

Comment

hobbes

Just seen this. Sorry chap, was off for lunch with P's parents and Aunt and Uncle in Colchester of all places.

Incidentally, there is a fast food place in Hoveactually called "Burger Off."

Comment

hobbes

Aye, got your text anyways.

Comment

Working...
                          X