How come, right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come, right...

...sometimes after my lunch, I'm hungrier than I was before I sat down to eat?

I just had a great lunch. A lunch I was very much looking forward too. Peppered beef steak, on a bed of crispy lettuce, with mustard, in white bread. It was immensely satisfying, even if it did mean I had to clean the grill pan afterwards.

But here I am, barely ten minutes later, back in bed thinking "I could go another of those."

I might just fuck off to the shop over there and get a bag of haribo. OK, if I do that I'll be lying under the bed in half an hour, shivering and sobbing gently to myself. But at least I won't be hungry.

Is there any physiological reasoning behind this hunger amplification? Or am I just a greedy twat?

How come, right...

Eat slower. It takes a short time for your body to realise you're eating and kick in the food responses.
    It's why if you neck food really fast you still feel hungry. So you eat more and then you feel horrible and stuffed.
    If you eat slowly your body is ready for it and registeres that you're full.

Comment

How come, right...

Not uncommon EIM, I think. I've just had 4 ham & cheese rolls & a Ginsters Spicy Chicken Slice & could easily carry on.*
      Your dinner sounded lush, surely a packet of biscuits & a bucket of tea would be a better option than bloody haribo though, eh?
      *I am a greedy bastard.

Comment

How come, right...

I've got a brew, actually. I forgot to mention. Or rather I took it as read.

Haribo are ace, in a really sordid kind of way. A couple of summers ago I got hooked on maoam stripes. I'm not proud of what they turned me in to, but by God, I don't regret it.

Comment

How come, right...

I've just had 4 ham & cheese rolls & a Ginsters Spicy Chicken Slice & could easily carry on
          Jesus fucking shit hammers. I eat about a 3rd of that and I'm a fat cunt. It's just not fair. Curse my bad genetics.

Comment

How come, right...

Should have taken a brew as read, I suppose. Sainsbury's do Lancashire Tea which goes really well in the hard water down here.
            I would have haribo if the fried eggs actually did taste of egg.
            Back to work now so best of luck on this one.

Comment

How come, right...

Hey EIM, what is your first choice brand or blend for tea?

Comment

How come, right...

Ermmm... first choice is a toughie. I used to get the M&S extra strong teabags. But where I live now, PG Tips pyramid bags are the only one they consider.

I bought some Mr Scruff tea the a while back. That was really nice.

Comment

How come, right...

I really hope you referred to yourself as Chairman Maoam.

Comment

How come, right...

Apparently London Cuppa is weapon of choice for my mate. My Mum swears by Naffi tea. My bi-monthly cup of tea is usually Twinings 'cause it was cheap when I bought it.
                    Although to be fair, it all tastes the same to me.

P has one of those tea infuser things that makes poncy tea. Waste of time if you ask me. (You didn't, obviously.)

Comment

How come, right...

Comment

How come, right...

EIM wrote:
                        I might just fuck off to the shop over there and get a bag of haribo. OK, if I do that I'll be lying under the bed in half an hour, shivering and sobbing gently to myself. But at least I won't be hungry.
                        Yep, been there before.

Comment

How come, right...

Cashew nuts. I haven't yet discovered how many cashew nuts it takes to fill me up. There hasn't been a bag of cashews big enough - or at least, not one I can afford. I think I must have a little cashew nut combustion chamber somewhere in my oesophagus that catches the cashews on the way down and turns them into a little cashewy vapour, that then seeps out through my armpits.

Comment

How come, right...

I'm the same way with pistachios.

Comment

How come, right...

Almonds.

Comment

How come, right...

Oriental rice snacks. The orange and white ones covered in soy and seaweed. My pupils are fixed and dilated and my breath smells like a homeless man's ass, and I'll still keep sticking my hand in the bag for more.

Comment

How come, right...

These ones, if you've no idea what I'm on about. But not the ones with wasabi peas.

Comment

How come, right...

There's a stall at the Bullring in Birmingham (and a smaller one at Touchwood in Solihull) called Cranberry which sells all sorts of cashews, almonds etc. Loads of flavours such as Mexican, Salt and Black Pepper, Jamaican spice, smoked, Honey roasted etc. You just help yourself with a scoop like the pick 'n' mix that used to be at Woolworths. They also do delicious Baklava.

Comment

How come, right...

Fucking spam bots.

Comment

How come, right...

What is a "spicy chicken slice"? A slice of pizza?

Comment

How come, right...

Nah. A spciy chicken slice is one of the seven wonders of the culinary world.

It's a pasty. But rectangular. And it's full of fuck knows what. But it tastes good in a 2am from a garage on the way home from the pub kind of way.

Comment

How come, right...

Incandenza wrote:
                                            A chickeney goo filled, pastry wrapped slice of loveliness. Purchased from garages as EIM pointed out or from your local Greggs.
                                            Would post a picture but have absolutely no idea how to so you'll have to imagine.
                                            See? There it is... mmm lovely eh?

Comment

How come, right...

Is this one?

Comment

How come, right...

And what do you(s) mean by 'garages'?

Comment

How come, right...

Boris Carpark wrote:
                                                  Incandenza wrote:
                                                  A chickeney goo filled, pastry wrapped slice of loveliness. Purchased from garages as EIM pointed out or from your local Greggs.
                                                  Would post a picture but have absolutely no idea how to so you'll have to imagine.
                                                  See? There it is... mmm lovely eh?
                                                  It sounds like a Hot Pocket.

Why is it called a slice?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X