Gluten-free diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gluten-free diet

Has anyone on here ever tried a gluten free diet?

I'm thinking of trying it as a way of trying to get rid of a lot of the aggression I have. I've heard it can have quite extreme (positive) effects.

Also, does it help lower cholestral?

Gluten-free diet

I've never seen any studies that would support that theory.

I think the only indication for a gluten-free diet is for people who are gluten intolerant. I think if you were, you'd probably know about it.

Comment

Gluten-free diet

Let me see, I have been on a gluten-free diet since I was 4. I was diagnosed with ciliac disease after a blood test. The only reason why I am currently on the diet is that I have a medical reason to be on the diet.

Although I am used to my gluten-free diet, it can be tough for a few reasons.
      1. Gluten-free products are more flakier and tend to break apart more easier than gluten products. The gluten is what keeps bread from falling apart, and gluten free products have a hard time matching that consistency.
      2. Breakfast and dessert can be especially hard, especially when you are travelling. For example, when I went to Philadelphia on a college trip, I had to pack several gluten-free breakfast bars in order to have any breakfast. (I also have an allergy to milk, which makes things even tougher)
      3. Gluten shows up in unexpected places. In order to be on a completely gluten-free diet, you would have to give up things like ketchup and beer, as beer contains barley malt and ketchup contains grain vinegar. Finding subsitutes for these things would not be easy.

Comment

Working...
      X