• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So am I banned?

Why isn't it?

Comment

So am I banned?

In as far as the intention to assault somebody by describing their face as punchable goes, I'd say so. If you describe somebody as having a punchable face, you are not saying that you would punch them. Unless there is a hidden usage of the word I'm unfamiliar with.

Of course I'm aware that applying it to a woman is profoundly problematic. But I'd hesitate to ascribe to ganja a tendency to actually assault women or tolerate assault against women on account of his usage. It was that notion I was commenting on.

Comment

So am I banned?

How could it be?

Comment

So am I banned?

If you're just going to answer questions with questions I'm not going to bother with this.

Comment

So am I banned?

You don't really think that a bloke punching a bloke in the face and a bloke punching a woman in the face are the same thing, do you?

Comment

So am I banned?

No one punched anyone though.

Comment

So am I banned?

You don't really think that a bloke punching a bloke in the face and a bloke punching a woman in the face are the same thing, do you?
                Do you read only selectively, Ton Ton?

Comment

So am I banned?

Always, G-Man, Always. Sorry, I was replying to Eric's.

So yeah - I'd agree, I think it's unlikely that ganja goes around punching women in the face.

Comment

So am I banned?

I think we're ignoring the elephant in the room, though, if we don't address the idea that ganja's history of (arguably) misogynist posts makes it at least read a little differently than if he'd posted about a man.

Comment

So am I banned?

I know no-one punched anyone, Eric's. It's a message board. Punching isn't possible. We're talking about words, innit.

Comment

So am I banned?

Well yeah. Exactly. It's a metaphor, innit. Not a particularly nice one, but there's no difference in my eyes between saying it about a man and about a woman.

Comment

So am I banned?

An ADA in New Mexico once said my face was "slapable". I took that as compliment. I also laughed when the Judge sanctioned her to the tune of $500 for saying so.

Comment

So am I banned?

One time at work, another woman told me that my hair made her want to grab me and shake me violently like a barbie doll. It was a little unsettling.

Comment

So am I banned?

Those hammerings that England dished out against Croatia seem to have turned Ganja into a raving lunatic...

I always liked Ganja (when you could understand him).

Tis a shame.

Comment

So am I banned?

There's a guy at work whom I had absolutely nothing to do with. We'd obviously seen each other around for a few years, but didn't cross work paths. We then had not one, but two, verbal donnybrooks within the span of a month. In front of co-workers, even. He's a bit of a big-mouthed dickhead, and apparently so am I.

Of course, a few weeks later, I'm assigned as writer on one of his projects.

Comment

So am I banned?

WOM: What's your point?

Comment

So am I banned?

Oh, Christ, I don't remember.
                                    People at work...idiots...rucks...something or other.
                                    There has to be a point?

Comment

So am I banned?

On ganja's threads? No.

Comment

Working...
                                      X