• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's official! I'm middle-aged!

evilC wrote:
    Gangster Octopus wrote:
    Amor de Cosmos wrote:
    Please let me know if you catch me at it.
    Ok. You may've been old enough to know that Diana Ross wasn't up to much, but I was seven. And I loved all The Supremes...
    G.O., sometime in the 70s:

-

60s, please...

Comment

and you said 'Bolton Wanderers' on the Guardian website, ha, dont think it wasnt noticed you old fuckbag, cackle.

(Hiss) Keep it down......

Comment

I just get more and more worried, as the years flit by, that my clothes are becoming more age-inappropriate. The other week I bought a pair of canvas hi-top trainers from Matalan (yeah grandad, I am too cool for the high street... plus they were very reasonably priced) and I agonised for ages whether or not to roll up the ends of my trousers a little bit when I wore them, like the kids do. In the end I threw caution to the wind and went for a daring double-roll, and let me tell you, I've been getting some admiring glances from the youngsters I pass as I stride around town, man-sack slung over one shoulder and bottom cardigan button rakishly undone.

Admiring. Yeah, they're admiring.

Comment

evilC wrote:
          Awwwww! Who'awuvlywittulbabythennn,eh?!? Youare! Yesyouare! Ohyezyouare!
          Gerrrroooffffff meeeeeee!

That made me laugh, you big berk.

Comment

Y'know, gt3, the more I think about since first you told me that story, the more I feel I'm going to have to insist on viewing some sort of CCTV footage by way of corroboration. I mean, you're a well-preserved lad and all that, but . . . . .

Comment

I was asked for ID when I bought a beer in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. I think they just do it to cheer you up.

Comment

Wow, that beats my being asked at 38...

Comment

Humph! I feel rather sleighted for not having been thus challenged recently, now!

I want to be one of the 'looks young' gang!

(edit: And when I say 'recently' I mean, like, not in the last 20 years!)

Comment

Mumpo, you are T S Eliot's Prufrock. "I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled" . . .

Comment

evilC wrote:
                      I draw the line at offering to blow raspberrys on your stomach, though.
                      At, or just slightly before?

Comment

Rogin, if your Facebook pic is anything to go by, you certainly don't look old even if you are old. (smiling emoticon here)

Comment

I'm not blessed old! I'm 37!

Oh heavens, I've just said "blessed". What a giveaway. In my day, proper swearing was a sin, you know, not like these youngsters now ...

Arsebiscuits.

Comment

Oh! I meant to say that you look so young that people probably think, "There's no way you're 37--you look like you're 25!" So it's weird to think that you're the "old man" in the original post.

Comment

Nice save.

Comment

Previous time I got carded, I say to bouncer man, What? Are you serious? and I smile, at which point he goes, No!! Ahahahahha!! and grabs his mate and goes Fuck me she thought I meant it!!! And they're laughing so much they have to prop each other up.

I wouldn't mind only it feels like yesterday I was altering my school ID to add 3 years onto my age and memorising what my birthday should be and so on to get past bouncers like that. Never mind. With age comnes wisdom, or something

Comment

Lyra wrote:

With age comes wisdom, or something
                                  "something" = varicose veins?

Comment

I got carded in 1990, at Fenway Park in Boston (the baseball park). They would only accept a Massachussetts drivers' licence.

But I was wearing a hat, and all I had to do was take it off.

Comment

Working...
                                    X