X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchasing pants

So, who doesn't buy their own?

Purchasing pants

I get some for birthdays or christmas, but they're usually not quite right.

I'm a fat bugger so it's generally M&S for me. I bought 4 pairs of trunk boxers things 2 weeks ago which have been good.

A previous batch of M&S authentic undies were ok for a while until the button fly stopped being 100% effective. The curved button slid out the whole too easily.

Comment

Purchasing pants

Men over 44: buy your own pants, ya big jessies.

Comment

Purchasing pants

Are purchasing pants like pulling pants for kerbcrawlers?

Comment

Purchasing pants

The curved button slid out the whole too easily
          The whole what?

Comment

Purchasing pants

Actually, I don't want to know.

Comment

Purchasing pants

I've not bought pants in ages. Some of my boxers are getting so worn it's like they're made of lace or something. The crotch area is like the Turin shroud. I can almost see Jesus's face where my sack rests.

I'd have no problem buying pants if it weren't for the fact they're a colossal waste of money. I mean, that's £12 I can spend on something people can see. Like four beers, or a curry, or some crisps.

Comment

Purchasing pants

My embarrassing underpants story is about the time my Mum bought a dozen pairs of used boxers at a jumble sale ... and I wore them! (Once washed, naturally). Not only were they used, though, but they would probably have belonged to someone who'd died.

I now swear by M&S boxers, and that means Christmas presents. So no, I don't buy my own.

Comment

Purchasing pants

I cannot remember the last time I bought any pants. Fortunately Mrs of the Shed works at M & S and gets 20% off, so she gets them all for me. The only stipulation I give her is that any pac k bought contains at least one lucky pair which can be worn when at the match.

Comment

Purchasing pants

Of course I have M and S pants too, and have found through bitter experience that BHS, Littlewoods, etc's M n S lookalike pants do NOT wear-alike aswell.

Primark or Lidl pants are a false economy (they fall apart, gape at the fly-hole after a couple of washes etc).

I will say that I'm partial to H & M's colourful superhero pants (various versions over the last couple of years: Marvel characters on a y-front trunk or brief, basically) and they have stood up to regular wear.

So I do buy my own, even at 46.

Comment

Purchasing pants

EIM, you can get a pack of 3 boxer shorts for £5 in M&S.

Comment

Purchasing pants

I don't bother buying my own either: gives my other half something to buy me for birthday or Xmas, which are handily roughly equally spaced out.

After similar poor experiences to Felicity with cheaper pairs that gape, I request M&S only now.

How many people use the button flyhole anyway? I've always been of the "pull the top down" school. I've never got on with Y-fronts, but maybe I used to wear the wrong sort.

Comment

Working...
                        X