Guess how many chips in a Radisson portion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess how many chips you get in a Radisson Hotels room service portion of chips. Think of a number. Then scroll down.

SEVEN CHIPS.

That's how many chips you get in a Radisson Hotels room service portion of chips.

Served on a tilted bowl, arranged in an artful 'Jenga' formation.

Seven f#cking chips, for £3.50.

Comment

The bar I used to work in did this, but only six. 'Chunky chips' they called them. A fucking disgrace I called them.

Comment

Opposite issue here, it seems. I went through the McDonald's drive-thru on Saturday and got a breakfast sandwich, hashbrowns and coffee. When we got to the window, the guy tried to hand me a paint can of coffee. "No, we just got the size that comes with the combo." Yeah, he says, this is it now. I could have swam in it. A small child or elderly person would have been felled by the caffeine alone. I had my last mouthful almost five hours later, in another country.

Comment

When an individual chip is more expensive than a cigarette you know something is wrong.

There will be a folder somewhere in the kitchen that states that every portion must have seven chips.

Comment

There's a pub up in Kendal that does bowls of huge chips, there must only be about seven or eight in a portion, and they're fantastic. You wouldn't think a chunk of potato that big could be cooked like a chip, but it's a trick they pull off with aplomb.

Actually, thinking about it... they come in a basket, not a bowl.

Comment

I had a meal in Dobbins (upmarket Dublin restaurant) about six months ago, and ordered the . . . actually, I can't remember what I ordered, but it was a meat dish anyway.

And with this dish came some "chunky chips" with paprika on them. There were only about six of them, but they were very thick indeed, and very filling. Wouldn't have minded a few more though.

Dobbins is a nice place to go for a bite if you're ever in this town.

Comment

My wife does those paprika fries...chips...whatever, in the oven. Just slices a potato into 8 or ten pieces and sprinkles and bakes them. Sometimes she's a heavy hand with the salt, but I figure I didn't have to cook so I should just shut up about it.

Comment

The food industry is quite good at giving you a lot less of something than you'd expect. Take crisps, for example. That huge bag/minuscule content disparity has caused anguish for crisps enthusiasts for decades now. There's nothing worse than popping open a huge bag of crisps only to find you're down to the crumbs at the bottom in about 0.9 seconds.

Comment

A guy I used to work for had previously worked for Walkers. He said they get 14 bags of crisps out of an average potato.

Comment

Fuck man. I'm not sure I'm having that.

Mind, crisps are thin, aren't they?

Comment

Is there such a thing as an "average potato"? Even in my current bag of Maris Pipers, there are some utter monsters and some complete tiddlers.

Comment

I think we'd be talking about a mean potato, rather than a median or mode.

Comment

A mean potato, yesterday.

Comment

A man potato yesterday.

Comment

[chuckles to self]

Comment

Working...
                                X