Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another exciting Geography Quiz from Bruno

Bruno wrote:
    Well now look here, all water flows downhill, and the sea is at the bottom of the hill. Hello? That's why you can't go any lower than sea level? If I spill my drink on the floor right here, I'm in effect creating a new river, and I'll know that eventually, that drink will find its way down, down to the sea. And because I know (because I learned about it in school) which side of the Great Continental Divide I'm on, I can even predict which of the two oceans it would end up in. The Atlantic
    Well, that's the American education system for you.

Comment

The East River isn't really a river, either. It is a tidal strait connecting New York Bay with Long Island Sound

Comment

Amazing. Like clockwork.

Comment

A friend who's trying to do the seven summits is now just Puncak Jaya away from finishing. But he may never do it. Apparently it's the only one of them that requires technical rock climbing skills rather than just monstrous lungs. But as Bruno's thing says, it's almost impossible to get to as the Indonesian government keep cutting off access, and the copper mine is, as might be imagined of a US owned mine on New Guinea, quite psycho about anyone spotting the amount of pollution they're spilling out, so keep everyone as far away as possible and refuse access.

Comment

Working...
          X