Where the Wild Things aren't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems a lot of the spirit and creativity of OTF has disappeared in to the vortex of that Ngog thread over on football, possibly never to be seen again.

Meanwhile here on World, a few more civilised folk pace around, glancing at their watch, hitting F5 every couple of seconds waiting for something to happen. But nothing ever does.

Which is a shame. There a number of threads in here with a post count of under ten. And while under normal circumstances the thread may have taken off in a crescendo of brilliance, today they've been lost due to a gymnastic, tumbling, Cirque du Soleil channel(tunnel)ing Frenchman.

I'm done with over there. It's a little bit like Jaws 2. I should like it, as I enjoyed the all to similar previous one. But there's something missing. An OTF Hooper. And no cameo phone call will fill the void of his physical absence.

I don't really know what I'm on about, truth be told. I just had a lovely soup though. And lo, what perfect soup weather it is. I opened the window moments ago to let my cat out. You could smell winter in the air. It was ace. Though I'm glad I'm indoors.

Anyway. The soup. It claimed to be red pepper and rocket, but was it fuck. It was tomato and red pepper, with 0.4% rocket content. Why lie? Why. Fucking. Lie?

So what's this Ngog thread all about? I was wondering why it's been deathly quiet in World this week.

Comment

If you're bored EIM you can help me find the folder I've lost. It says 'omnibus orders' on it and it's green.

Comment

I have a green folder here that says 'ominous orders'. Any use?

GY - I'd say venture in, have a look. But it's dangerous. It's like Jumanji. You may never find your way back out.

Comment

Oh and, EIM, measurement of lettuce content in soup is something of an art. It's not rocket science.

Comment

eh, not to worry. It was underneath 'bank statements'.

which tells you all about this job. my HEAD is going to fall OFF with boredom. The only thing that was keeping me going was my little browser game (the sort of thing that has you, like a poor little rat in an evil scientist's lab, frantically clicking the bastard button in the vain hope that time has magically flown by and you've got more actions) and they've bloody closed it for 2 weeks for refurbishment.

I've become visibly fatter since I started too. Give me 3 months in this office and they're gonna have to winch me out the bloody window. Soup. Soup is rubbish. Stop bloody eating bloody soup. It's doing you no good. It's wrong.

Comment

Ahahahah at rocket science, though. Took me a while to get that, but it was worth it.

Comment

Ale, onion and mustard soup. That's the soup of this winter. That's the soup I'm dreaming about. French onion, with a British twist. Like Ngog's dive.

Comment

gross

Comment

I won a stuffed animal version of Max in his wolf suit in a claw game for my daughter on Sunday night. I haven't felt that proud in a long time.

Comment

Well done, man. Nothing better than being a hero to your people.

As for World, it's all gone quiet lately. I blame Reed and his new job, the career climbing cunt.

The nightshift's been dead as a post for three or four weeks now. No one's even keeping the Return of The Nightshift thread alive any more.

Sounds like good soup though.

Comment

In unrelated news, this is bringing me more larfs than it probably ought to.

Comment

Maybe it's time for another exciting geography quiz? I've got a draft going.

Comment

The 'ayes' have it!

Comment

I really did have a do at diverting that thread sometime around page 14 or 15, but it was a naff effort. Munchkin was the only poster who acknowledged it, which is certainly nothing to be proud about.

Comment

Well I wasn't going to divert it. Let the Sky 4 fans eat themselves. More cake for us.

Added to which seeing Liverpool losing again was pretty funny, especially to Birmingham City... And then for Blues to be shamefully cheated out of 3 points at Anfield....

Oh my sides...

(Couldn't post this on that thread, why ruin a good arguement).

Comment

So anyway the nights are now dark and shitty, do any of our smug southern hemisphere folks want to complain about excessive heat and daylight?

Comment

Sometimes I look out of my window at the London skyline in the distance and I think of the greatness that is on show before me. I think of all the people who have achieved greatness and made their mark on society and on history. The people who have, through their actions, changed the way we live our lives today. The playwrights, the actors, the poets, the politicians, the philanthropists, the musicians, the artists, the scientists. And I look at the skyline, take a deep breath and think "Today. Today, anything is possible." Other times I look and think "Fucking hell. Check out all that smog."

I just tried to post that as a Facebook status update, but it's too long. Fucking Facebook.

So. FC United. League 2 Champions. Johnson's Paint Trophy Winners. I am a Football Manager God.

Comment

I'm not having soup being slagged off as a foodstuff. It's almost the perfect thing to have for lunch - light but filling. But my attitude to soup is similar to my attitude to pizza; it's best when it doesn't have any meat in it.

Comment

Would have been much worse back in the day EIM. Even in Shakespheres time the smoke from wood burning furnesses caused smog.

Comment

Yeah. I imagine the smog situation is probably as good as it has been for ages.

Comment

Disco Sea Shanties wrote:
                                            I'm not having soup being slagged off as a foodstuff. It's almost the perfect thing to have for lunch - light but filling. But my attitude to soup is similar to my attitude to pizza; it's best when it doesn't have any meat in it.
                                            Mine's (trone) more or less the opposite. Rare is the ostensibly vegetable soup that wouldn't be even better if it had been made with a good meat stock or a ham bone.

Comment

So, I'm going over to have a look at this legendary thread then. Wish me luck.

Comment

I genuinely wouldn't bother if I were you.
                                                It's just Toro and Analogue making joey-faces at each other for 10 pages.

Comment

Soup's not a foodstuff. It's stuff but it's not food. |Whose idea was that? 'Food' that you drink. I mean, come on. It's liquidised. Predigested. It's gross. Like sick. Especially with all bits of stuff in.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X