X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh for fuck's sake

Tosser.

Oh for fuck's sake

Yeah, I read that yesterday in Dead Tree form. Complete and utter fucking mince from start to finish. As unmitigatedly poor an article (well, I think it's a book extract, I seem to remember seeing it getting a thoroughly deserved panning) as I have ever seen.

Comment

Oh for fuck's sake

I'm surprised to hear some violent man once claimed Andre Gide as his inspiration. I can't even see what he's mistaken about.

Comment

Oh for fuck's sake

These sites were quickly shut down by their service providers, but today “Natural Selection” is the name of a popular computer game in which competing teams attempt to annihilate one another — a sign that Darwin’s term is still associated by many teenagers with sudden and extreme violence.
        Unlike, oh, 90% of all multiplayer computer games ever. Next up, why Half Life shows that carbon dating is associated with sudden and extreme violence. Also, Natural Selection was released in 2002, for fuck's sake. And I can assure you that it wasn't mostly played by teenagers - they were all playing Counter Strike.

Comment

Oh for fuck's sake

On reflection, it might have been the scene in The Vatican Cellars where a character chucks someone off a train in a proto-existentialist "acte gratuit".

Gide has doesn't have Darwin's excuse that he was describing something true in science. We should string up his corpse.

Comment

Working...
          X