• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As if being on the tube wasn't depressing enough

tube bosses say play's advertising posters are too, er, titillating

"we're in 1960s Russia", says play's producer

Bloody hell, I hadn't clocked that "Kelly Brook to appear in Calendar Girls" story before. Possibly the most pathetically cynical and shocking piece of miscasting there's ever been. A story about a bunch of dowdy middle aged women who are brave enough to pose naked with their well-past-their-prime bodies now features a hot young model to attract all the salivating middle aged male tourists who will cringingly pretend to their wives that other aspects of the production are more interesting.

Anyway, the voluptuous Ms Brook's ample bosom looks way better when she keeps her kit on and wears a decent bra.

Comment

Cat! who hast pass'd thy grand cliacteric,
      How many mice and rats hast in thy days
      Destroy'd? - How many tit bits stolen? Gaze
      With those bright languid segments green, and prick
      Those velvet ears - but pr'ythee do not stick
      Thy latent talons in me - and upraise
      Thy gentle mew - and tell me all thy frays
      Of fish and mice, and rats and tender chick.
      Nay, look not down, nor lick thy dainty wrists -
      For all the wheezy asthma, - and for all
      Thy tail's tip is nick'd off - and though the fists
      Of many a maid have given thee many a mail,
      Still is that fur as soft as when the lists
      In youth thou enter'dst on glass bottled wall.

Comment

the salivating middle aged male tourists
        I think the producers are hoping on attracting quite a few salivating young male locals, as well, to be frank.

Comment

Lord Mauleverer wrote:
          Bloody hell, I hadn't clocked that "Kelly Brook to appear in Calendar Girls" story before. Possibly the most pathetically cynical and shocking piece of miscasting there's ever been. A story about a bunch of dowdy middle aged women who are brave enough to pose naked with their well-past-their-prime bodies now features a hot young model to attract all the salivating middle aged male tourists who will cringingly pretend to their wives that other aspects of the production are more interesting.

Anyway, the voluptuous Ms Brook's ample bosom looks way better when she keeps her kit on and wears a decent bra.
          When will this be released?

Comment

I would guess that Ms Brook's ample bosom is released from a decent bra every night.

Comment

"Someone is sitting in a dark room somewhere peering at any sort of nudity,"
              An exceptional instance of introspection and self awareness by a west end director

"The whole truth of the story that I'm doing is about this group of ordinary women who did something extraordinary. I'm replicating what they did."
              Who are these ordinary women who got Kelly Brook to take her top off?

This is a standard west end ploy these days isn't it? Wait until your attendences decline then get Kelly Brook in to ruin your production. It worked for Fat Pig - she lasted for something like two weeks.

Comment

Working...
              X