Famous Arch-nemesi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous Arch-nemesi

As no-one has picked this up from the "Famous People" thread, who has fallen out personally with or had a long-running feud with anyone famous.

Mine are

John Fashanu (over-competitive and arrgoant while filming a paintball game that I was at)

Mike Batt (refused to talk about Wombles at a dinner party I was at)

Manfred Mann (General cunt when I tried to collect money off him. I was genuinely polite, honest)

Jay Aston (sat with a "Don't you know who I am" expression all through a party once)

Surely the music business dwellers have better ones

Famous Arch-nemesi

Nemeses, man. Nemeses.

From what I've heard, Dolores O'Riordan's gonna piss this.

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

Lou Macari didn't take kindly to my review of his autobiography in WSC a few months ago.

He rang them twice, looking for my contact details, which they refused to give him.

I could have given him a ring back myself, but I felt life was too short to engage in what was certain to be a somewhat unrewarding conversation.

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

Bob Blackburn. Not that he's that famous. But he is a nemesis.

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

Terry Robinson (ex Bury Chairman, now on the Board of Sheffield United and the Football League) threatened to sue me once.

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

Jay Aston (sat with a "Don't you know who I am" expression all through a party once)
            Who is Jay Aston?

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

It's who they invented Google for?

And mine are Steve McMahon, Steve Claridge, Peter Robinson & er, Ian Paisley Junior.
              Mainly live on the BBC.

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

Early in his stand-up career I encountered Russell "gropey" Brand in a bar where he was being a cunt, and was surrounded by beautiful but shallow women with whom there could be no real possibility long-term understanding or love (or at least that's what I told myself).

I really disliked him right throughout his original popularity because, while I was being told that he was a groundbreaking, geneder stereotype undermining sexual terrorist, I knew he was really a letchy old tramp.

However, now I find him pretty funny. Maybe I've just got a lot more sympathy for letchy old tramps now.

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

Mike Batt (refused to talk about Wombles at a dinner party I was at)
                  Bit late on this thread but.... that bit was fantastic.

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

Yeah, you can kind of picture the scene, can't you?

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

Ironically, the dinner party was at a place in Wimbledon! Imagine that.

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

Was it underground?

Comment

Famous Arch-nemesi

I shall elaborate a bit more. I was invited by some good friends who also know him (obviously). I have since realised that they used to invite me to dinners where the guests were a bit difficult as I, well, talk for Wales.

Anyway, they answer the doot and, sotto voce, said "By the way, don't mention the Wombles, he hates people asking him about them". I then had to go through the whole dinner with Mike Batt not mentioning the fucking Wombles. He was allso a tit.

This was bearable enough but then, 2 years later, the cunt rereleases all the Wombles stuff and is talking about it quite happily.

Comment

Working...
                          X