Cervical cancer screening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good article by Goldacre on why extending screening to younger women may be less of a good idea than it looks. I know we've talked about this on here.

Very good, WE, cheers for linking that.

I think everyone should lay off the moon thing however. Obviously, there is no scientific evidence but pub landlords believe in it and that is good enough for me. Also, like reflexogy, it may not be true but the explanation behind it is easy enough for me to understand.

I think we should all be allowed to keep certain stupid theories as true. My three are the moon thing, Malta not existing and cats wiping their arse on your kitchen table while you sleep (not just yours, WE)

Back onto a bit of sense, I would have thought that, where there are cases of cervical cancer in the family, GPs would refer to annual screenings women between 20-25 as they do with mammagrams where there is a family history of breast cancer.

Comment

I don't know if it's all that inherited. Certainly women known to be HPV positive already get screened annually.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote:
        I think we should all be allowed to keep certain stupid theories as true. My three are the moon thing, Malta not existing and cats wiping their arse on your kitchen table while you sleep (not just yours, WE)
        Steady on. I was born in Malta, and it definitely existed at the time, although I admit I haven't been back to check for many years.

Comment

What do you remember of it, hmmm? Was it the saem time that your parents said the stork brought you, eh, eh?

Comment

I know I shouldn't have diverted a serious thread with stupidity.

I don't know if it's all that inherited. Certainly women known to be HPV positive already get screened annually.
            You're right, that's what I should have been thinking.

Comment

Working...
            X