Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck off, Alan Johnson

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8334774.stm

He's somehow undercut the performance of Jacqui Smith on cannabis. She managed to keep her advisors in place even if she implausibly claimed that she understood science better than they did.

I expect a Telegraph-led "free speech" campaign in the next couple of days, just like they started when some students called on an anti-immigration demography professor to be sacked (he never got close to it). No doubt this case of an academic actually being sacked for bravely "speaking out" will get them going.

We're going to have to miss out an entire generation of Labour politicians if we want anything to get better, aren't we?

Fuck off, Alan Johnson

Beat you to it by miles!

Comment

Fuck off, Alan Johnson

Did you? Where?

Chris Huhne has shown himself a complete clown again. He does attack Johnson's decision, but can't resist going off on one over fines for heroin and crack possession being too low- just to let you know he's tough but in some smarter way. Obviously fining drug addicts for possession is the best policy. Those guys need deterring.

Anyway, 2 more advisers resign. This could be interesting.

Comment

Fuck off, Alan Johnson

The difference between democracy and oligarchy is?

We can just choose to be ruled by experts, rather than the complicated business of electing people who have to stand or fall by the decisions they have made on that advice.

I think Nutt has overstepped the mark, which was to advise and present evidence, by campaigning for a change in government policy.

Comment

Fuck off, Alan Johnson

Man, people on Summerisle be saying "That's a really big straw man."

No-one's proposing that David Nutt should rule.

Comment

Fuck off, Alan Johnson

Campaigning? I didn't see him going round in a van with a tannoy.

Not campaigning would seem to mean he couldn't express his opinion on the subject on which he is expert.

My democratic principles might take a hammering here but I quite like the idea of classification being independent of government. I'm much happier with that than the so-called independence of the Bank of England to set interest rates.

Comment

Fuck off, Alan Johnson

Apparently there are 28 unresigned members of the committee- I was assuming there might be about 6 more. I was probably getting a bit carried away with the level of embarassment this might cause to Johnson, and its potential to improve the debate.

Comment

Working...
              X