Ollie North advises Republicans on Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I suppose he's used to dealing with terrorists and dodgy regimes. Note that Mike Pence was behind this. The man's a rising star of wingnuttery. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run in 2012.

Oh, great!

My favourite nugget on North is how, in his early military career, he ran around a neighbourhood one evening, naked, brandishing a .45 and "babbling incoherently" - the publication of reports of which (in Parade magazine Nov. 13, 1994 for a start) being something "North never legally challenged".

See here and here, (for instance).

There's plenty more serious dirt on him too, of course.

Comment

This seems like a good place to ask again if anyone could advise me of a good book about Iran-Contra and associated hullaballoo?

Comment

A good 'beginners guide to...' book would be Alan Moore & Bill Sienkiewicz's 'Brought To Light'. And no, I'm not joking! It might be in 'graphic novel' format, but it packs a whole lot of information into a space that a normal book would find impossible. It's a very good read and it's got quite alot of good references to other material in it too, which is essential, really.

Comment

I'm no graphic novel buff, but I've read a fair few in my time so take that as a serious suggestion, ta!

Comment

Working...
          X