"What is your sexual orientation?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a review copy of a book on "sex and sensuality" in the ancient world. Sadly it opens with a reference to French psychoanalysis, so I'm not sure if I can keep reading, but it makes me think maybe you could answer 'I'm actually fixated at Freud's oral stage of psychosexual development, thanks for asking' or 'eros kalos for me, please'.

Comment

Has anyone done "facing the tv" yet? no?

Comment

I prefer the wheelbarrow when having sex with a transvestite rather than facing them.

Makes it easier entering Douglas, as they say on the ferry to the Isle Of Man.

Comment

Lyra, I always thought one of the most amazing piece of Classical studies trivia ever was the fact that the Greeks had a specific word for a dildo made of bread. "Olisbokollix", or some such thing.

Sorry, nowt to do with thread, really.

Comment

Haha, yeah, I've found it in Liddell & Scott. 'olisbos' is defined as 'penis coriaceus', ie, made of leather; and above it there's 'olisbokollix, a loaf in the shape of an olisbos.'

Unsurprisingly the citation for olisbos is the Lysistrata.

Comment

Well this is all very interesting.

Comment

How about the Alan Bennett response. When asked about his sexuality he supposedly said: "That's a bit like asking a man crawling across the Sahara whether he would prefer Perrier or Malvern water."

Comment

Working...
                X