I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Today's my 37th birthday. I first saw Monty Python's Holy Grail when I was 13, so I've been waiting 24 years to use that line.

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy birthday Reed.

From some of your posts I always assumed you were but a callow youth.

Rogin (37 and 3/4)

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy birthday old man.
      I'll be joining you at that auspicious age a week on Monday.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy birthday to you!

You're only as old as you feel. How old do you feel?

(erwin, as old as the hills)

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

I thought it was you're only as old as the woman you feel?

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy birthday Reed. You're the same age as the woman I feel.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy birthday dude. Have a great weekend.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

I never saw Holy Grail. It was on for a week in Rotherham when it first came out, but I was away. And in those days, if you didn't see a film at the cinema, you never got the chance to see it again.

Oh, and MHR Reed. Watch out for the next one; I didn't get any presents for my 38th birthday...

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Times were hard during Edward Heath's administration ...

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy Birthday Reed! I hit the same milestone myself last month.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy Birthday, Reed.

I hope that this is the most personally and professionally rewarding year you've yet enjoyed (it seems to be off to an excellent start).

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

I hope you will be enjoying the fleshpots of Edmonton in celebration, young'un.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy Birthday, you old bastard.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy birthday for yesterday Reed. I assume, reading ursus' post above, that you've either got a new job or maybe are in a new relationship. In which case, double congratulations!

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

I got a new job. Just started last week. Now I work from home, writing for www.theheart.org, a website for cardiologists.

I'm currently on the airplane in Philadelphia, my least favorite airport, waiting for my flight to Minneapolis where I shall connect to Edmonton and cover the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress. I'm also going to attend the Oilers-Avalanche game on Tuesday.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

The idea of the fleshpots of Edmonton.... well, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

You there - old woman! Happy birthday!

A Sunday, too, eh? I presume you'll be partaking of some beers and watching some football, later?

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
                                    I'm currently on the airplane in Philadelphia...
                                    Ooh! If you see Michael Vick, can you kill him please? Tell him Clive sent you.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

I got held up for about 2 hours by Canadian immigration. WTF?

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Where? They've been getting really spikey lately. I put it down to obnoxiousness practice at YVR prior to the Olympics but maybe it's more widespread.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy birthday you young fart. Wishing you many more.
                                          I was going to include some cash in your card, but I'd sealed it before I thought of it. Maybe next year.
                                          See if you can take in the National Grammar Rodeo while you're there.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Edmonton. The customs guy told me to go to the little room and wait in line so I did. But they only had two people working in there and I was behind a big group of guys who were some kind of crew that all needed work permits and some of them had previous violations which made their cases take a while. There were also some guys from Minnesota who were going to the oil sands to do research on how to deal with the big mud ponds, or whatever they are called, created by the extraction process, so I chatted with one of them and learned a lot about that. When my turn came up, the officer wasn't sure why I'd been sent there since journalists there to cover a meeting don't need a work permit. She stamped my form and sent me on my way.

I'm getting some food at Boston Pizza. Not bad.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Yeah, it's alright. Whenever my mum and dad can't work out what to get my for my birthday or whatever, I get a gift card from BP.

The guy who owns it is one of the dragons on our Dragon's Den.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Is that the show where aspiring entrepreneurs bring in their inventions? I think it's called "shark tank" here.

I should have brought a second sweater.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

What do you mean 'here'? You must mean 'there'. Because you're here right now.

Find a Roots outlet. They'll hook you up, sweater-wise.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X