I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Right. I forgot where I was because I have the NFL on TV.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Where are you staying?

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

The palatial Days Inn on 106th and Jasper. The conference is at Shaw CC.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Yikes. The dead zone of downtown. Although Il Portico is right around the corner and does decent Italian.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

It does feel like a neighborhood that needs more development. It was the only reasonably close hotel available when I found out that I got the job and would be coming here.

I don't get the light rail. I saw a station that was underground. I thought light rail, by definition ran on the street.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
              It does feel like a neighborhood that needs more development. It was the only reasonably close hotel available when I found out that I got the job and would be coming here.

I don't get the light rail. I saw a station that was underground. I thought light rail, by definition ran on the street.
              That's one generous use of the word nieghbourhood,

It's above ground everywhere except downtown, I think.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

I'm trying to think of which other cities Edmonton reminds me of. It's kind of like Cincinnati in the way it rises steeply on the banks of a river. It's a bit like Denver in the way the surrounding terrain is so flat and the sprawl seems sort of randomly assembled. It's also like Denver in that there don't seem to be many people around at night. But it's smaller than Denver, I suppose. It feels a bit weather-beaten, like Duluth. Everyone talks differently than me, so it's like Philadelphia or Baltimore.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

I remember being pleased I could use that line when I hit 37.

Hope you had a good birthday, Reed.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Bloody peasant!

Happy birthday, Mr. Of The Valley People.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Hippo birdies. I turn 37 next month, and am old.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

About 63.4% of OTF posters are 37, or are about to be 37.

Try to lift a car off the rail, if it's really light and comes right off, then it's definitely light rail.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

The other 36.6% used to be 37, or will be at some point farther along.

As for light rail, it's nothing to do with weight, you fool. It's calories.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Surely, in the US, that'd be lite-rail...

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

I've been meaning to mention that your 'full stop' key is sticking.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

WOM, I think the ones about the calories are the bite rails, not the lite rails.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

So I'm at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress. About 90% of the attendees are Canadian, I estimate, and 90% of the women have short hair and those rectangular frame glasses that are very in vogue right now. And about 80% of the French-speaking men go with the bald + glasses look. They all look like that guy who finished behind Greg Lemond in that one Tour that came down to the end. You know the one. I don't.

Some people are eating ice cream in this session on the Canadian Heart Health Strategy. Where did the get ice cream? Motherfucker! What sort of country is this?

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Relax. Enjoy your future home.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

I'm confused.

Laurent Fignon had a ponytail.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Really? I thought he was bald. Ok, then, picture a close cropped version of him. That's every doctor from Quebec. Every one. It's uncanny.

Some of the Canadians are giving me that attitude. You know the one. Especially when I ask them to explain something about their health care system.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

I'm made up Reed has a new job and is doing something he wants to do. Top fella.

And as an aside, I wish I had a job that involved mooching about Canada going to conference.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

You could have such a job. Just go into PR.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Happy belated birthday, Reed!

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Thanks. It was pretty good.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Really? I thought he was bald. Ok, then, picture a close cropped version of him. That's every doctor from Quebec. Every one. It's uncanny.

Some of the Canadians are giving me that attitude. You know the one. Especially when I ask them to explain something about their health care system.
                                                  You'd be surprised how little Canadians actually know about their own system. Do a little reading and you can probably catch some of them out.

Comment

I'm 37, I'm not old!!

Well. These people do because it's their job. I, on the other hand, didn't grasp that doctors work for the province. Like the NHS, sort of. I thought it worked like our Medicare. Then again, I guess it kind of does. What I find is that they don't really understand our system our why we can't manage to change it. It's not mere stupidity. That's only a small part of it, really.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X