Fun with Microsoft Excel, part 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in a workbook with several worksheets. I need to insert a few rows into several of the worksheets, then paste the contents of a two specific cells into the new rows (several times). But the command to "insert rows" seems to disable the "paste" function - so I have to go back to the earlier worksheet and re-copy the contents of the cells. (Either that, or do all the row insertions and then paste repeatedly, which is pretty much just as inefficient.)

Why is this? For fuck's sake, if you type something in one cell, copy it, and type something in another, the "paste" function doesn't work. This is the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever seen. Or is there some arcane secret I need to learn?

No, it's an Excel oddity.

Comment

Would it be an over-reaction to wish terrorist atrocities against the developers?

Comment

have you tried the "paste special" function?

Comment

Why don't you block select the sheets, insert the rows. Then go to the one sheet, copy, and parte into the pre-arranged lines.

Comment

"Block-select" I like. But I have to insert the rows in different positions on each sheet.

And the "paste special" function doesn't work any better than the "paste".

I have calmed down a little, but I still think this is an incredible shortcoming of something as sophisticated as Excel.

Comment

What's that one where you type something into cell AA90 or something and it opens up a free game of missile defence command?

Comment

Working...
              X